Page 1 of 2
Anyone else get annoyed when people just say "Yeah, Bush sucks.", with no supporting argument other than "he's making us fight"? I guess I'm just tired of kids jumping on the Bush-hating bandwagon without any knowledge at all of what he's done or what's going on in Iraq. For the record, I'm not pro Bush. I really don't like him at all or the choices he's made, but I don't go screaming about how horrible he is. I guess it's just a rebellion thing? Anyways, post thoughts on this, defend yourselfs, flame me, make lame search bar jokes if this is already a thread...do as you wish. Just make an argument at least.
I completely agree with you.

It's almost as bad as all these kids wearing Che Guevara shirts, then you ask them why they like him so much and they're like, "uhhh.. he was a revolutionary?"
I'm just sick of it all together.
I don't care if they've got a great argument, or even if I agree with it.
Bitching isn't going to do anything now. We've got like what.. a year or so left?
Suck it up.
Spiral Out
I'm neither here nor there on Bush bashing. I do think it's a little sad how the majority of people, at least people I know, choose to view him as the sole cause for all the world's turmoil. they can't see beyond the figurehead.
you talk about it like it's some thing like 'I C hot' you know, the dumb UG joke with pro and contra people.

but leading america is A LOT more than that no ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by noxiosimitator
you talk about it like it's some thing like 'I C hot' you know, the dumb UG joke with pro and contra people.

but leading america is A LOT more than that no ?

Yes, of course it is, but I'm talking beyond UG as well. Just so many young people deciding it's cool to hate Bush. Like it's a trend or something, or maybe becuase mommy and daddy don't like them. Just following everyone else with no supporting case. Surely you can understand that.
im english, whats the overall view of bush in america? is it just idiots voting? or is he really a mastermind behind the childish outside we see?
Quote by SaulHudson
Yes, of course it is, but I'm talking beyond UG as well. Just so many young people deciding it's cool to hate Bush. Like it's a trend or something, or maybe becuase mommy and daddy don't like them. Just following everyone else with no supporting case. Surely you can understand that.
Thats wierd because I hear alot of people say they like Bush with no reason except he's the president and we should respect him for that. When you mess up as bad as Bush has, you deserve to be bashed.
Quote by pfa
im english, whats the overall view of bush in america? is it just idiots voting? or is he really a mastermind behind the childish outside we see?

Bush has the lowest approval rating of any president in our history. A majority of the country doesn't like him
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Last edited by element4433 at Sep 6, 2007,
I have no problem with people who don't like Bush. I have a problem with those who don't like bush and can support there view.
Quote by Twist of fate
This isn't about hardcore sex?

omg...hahahha...oh ish.....wow

ok anyways, i'm pro-bush and yes i am incredibly pissed that everyone's so close-minded. i go to a public school, and i hate it that the teachers are such douches they'll actually try to preach bush bashing. i don't care what you think about him, but it shouldn't be taught in schools. and whenever i talk to someone about it there like, "well, he doesn't like black people and that's racist" and i'm just like, "what the hell is wrong with you you dumb piece of horse humping oops i forgot to wear a condom accident, haven't you heard of condoliza rice?".
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
i get fed up of it. its a bandwagon and it seems alot of people dont understand why they dont like him. i've started defending him, just to annoy people and they cant defend their bashing. i do wonder if he's purposefully being the scapegoat for america.
There is no reason to hate Bush, he is merely a puppet of the Illuminati, drawing your attention away from behind the scenes.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by SaulHudson

I know what you are talking about
but I live in Belgium so I don't hear it as much as you probably do
(altough belgian people bring bush down a lot to)

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by Nirvana-Man
I want to see a Pro-Bush band. It would be amazing. Is Bush pro-Bush?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mAD4Kp5J53A

On topic, I feel the same way as you do, TS. Kids nowadays think it's cool to worship Satan, hate Bush, cut themselves, and use the word "rasta" with no knowledge whatsoever of its origins. Well, one day, most of them will grow up...I hope.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Bush is crap but not that much worse than the establishment as a whole. Politics in the USA is appalling. Not looking down on the USA particularly, it's just as crap in the UK. But ignorance is grating, even if they come to the right conclusion. If you don't know why you're at that conclusion you might as well not be there.
Quote by element4433
Thats wierd because I hear alot of people say they like Bush with no reason except he's the president and we should respect him for that. When you mess up as bad as Bush has, you deserve to be bashed.

Bush has the lowest approval rating of any president in our history. A majority of the country doesn't like him

What? More than Jimmy Carter? I thought EVERYONE hated him...
Quote by Meths
Bush is crap but not that much worse than the establishment as a whole. Politics in the USA is appalling. Not looking down on the USA particularly, it's just as crap in the UK. But ignorance is grating, even if they come to the right conclusion. If you don't know why you're at that conclusion you might as well not be there.

Said it better than I did.
i dont support him, but i mean that's a whole different story about economics medicale care and bla bla bla, any way, bush bashing wasn't that big until american idiot, i mean at least with kids. nobody talked about it, but then all of a sudden, green day makes a few anti bush anti war in iraq songs that go out into the mainstream, all the kids like the music so they adopt the view as well. and that's coming from a green day fan. myself.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
Quote by MakinLattes
I'm neither here nor there on Bush bashing. I do think it's a little sad how the majority of people, at least people I know, choose to view him as the sole cause for all the world's turmoil. they can't see beyond the figurehead.

So true. Everyone tries to pin all the world's problems on the president and bitch about his poor performance. Not saying Bush is the best, but it's not like the other guy who ran against him could have done much better.
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
what I don't get is most people bash him for being a bad public speaker and having a stupid expression and posture, he's one of the worst presidents in american history and all people can do is make flash cartoons or funny captioned pictures about his poor language not his horrible policies.
yea, i really can't imagine kerry as president, but bush isn't doing much of a job either. :\

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
So, wait... if I engage in politics I'm a bandwagon-hopper? Doesn't make any sense to me.

And even if that was the case, who cares? At least people have an opinion. Afterall, that's what democracy is based on. Even if it's just a bandwagon thing. It might be ridiculous, but like I said earlier, at least they care a little bit.

EDIT: Sorry, that was quite contradictory and not what I meant. Bah, nevermind.
Quote by European Son
So, wait... if I engage in politics I'm a bandwagon-hopper? Doesn't make any sense to me.
And even if that was the case, who cares? At least people have an opinion. Afterall, that's what democracy is based on. Even if it's just a bandwagon thing. It might be ridiculous, but like I said earlier, at least they care a little bit.

Try and re-read my first post maybe...?
I see this a lot as well, and while it does get annoying, I'd perfer it more than kids not caring, and when asked they say "He's our president, and I guess I'm pretty wealthy so he must be doing something right."

Pointless Bush hateing is better than pointless Bush liking.
The person below me is probably a homosexual.
Quote by SaulHudson
Try and re-read my first post maybe...?

Know what you mean, but you don't know what I mean. I kinda phrased the whole thing really badly, and well... I can't be bothered to rewrite it. Sorry.
well said snipe.

Fuck Canada
I personally have very little interest in politics. That being said, I really am not one to make very strong opinions on the matter, but my honest thoughts are that he is not an amazing president, nor is he a terrible president. I think the events that have occured during his presedential years of service aren't easy to go through with the majority of the people approving of your actions. I don't think he is nearly as bad as many say he is.
Quote by European Son
Know what you mean, but you don't know what I mean. I kinda phrased the whole thing really badly, and well... I can't be bothered to rewrite it. Sorry.

Not a problem man. Sorry if that came out rude, it wasn't supposed to. Cheers.
So, people like to poke fun at the famous and famously idiotic. So what?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
The way I see it, he's just trying to help.
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by The Madcap
I personally have very little interest in politics. That being said, I really am not one to make very strong opinions on the matter, but my honest thoughts are that he is not an amazing president, nor is he a terrible president. I think the events that have occured during his presedential years of service aren't easy to go through with the majority of the people approving of your actions. I don't think he is nearly as bad as many say he is.

The fact that he attacked Iraq to "find mass destructive weapons" without any sort of approval from the UN is quite qestionable. Especially when they, after four years of occupation, still haven't found any. And he outrageously refuses to engage in any kind of enviromental work. That's bad enough for me.
Last edited by European Son at Sep 6, 2007,
right now, I have a picture of Bela Lugosi saying, "Pull the strings!" while standing behind Bush..

I think that basically describes our government.
Quote by Twist of fate
This isn't about hardcore sex?

i was rather disappointed when i found this out.
Page 1 of 2