Right, I've calmed myself down enough to post this now haha.

Without going into detail, basically:

Current guitar is well, broken to simplify things.

Gig on saturday night,

My second guitar is basically lying in peices awaiting the work I was going to do to it (Mod it basically)

So, I'm basically sh*t out of luck

However, I have SOME money (which I was going to use for fixing up my second guitar (RG370DX:P)

So, I need a guitar for saturday haha, on budget believe it or not

So, as you wonderful users hear 1000 times a day, needs to be up for metal, however we do alot of break downs in which is goes into a more blues-y feel.
So again, really needs to be up for metal but passable for some classic rock/bluesy stuff.

This is pretty urgent so any help is really appreciated!
Thanks again.
Borrow a friend's guitar. Don't rush buying something.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
I dont have any guitarist friends :\ hahahaha
Sounds sad, but really:P
Minus the second guitarist in the band.
Price range is really as cheap as I can get something decent tbh, well not even decent... just something that will handle a gig (if it sounds good thats a bonus :P haha)

But yeah, as I said I was gonna do up my RG so I want to spend as little as possible, ideal-y leaving as much money as possible to continue with that.

I know alot of you are american, so I can problem spend around 400-500 dollars (around 200-250 Uk pounds) not much I know, but I didn't expect to be having to buy a guitar:P
What's so broken about it?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
I'm sure you could get some kind of knock-off fat-Strat or superstrat style for pretty cheap used. That should be passable, assuming it play decent.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
A Squier Fat Strat could probably do both things you need. The humbucker in the bridge would be suitably heavy (with a suitable amp) for a last-minute replacement, and the neck singlecoil would be good for strat-tone blues. Or if you go to a shop and try out the various Les Paul copies, like the Epiphone LP100, they may do the trick.
Quote by ZoSo0305
some guitar shops do rentals

Nah not any around here I wouldn't think, they're pretty stubborn about even letting you try the guitars incase you mark it or whatever.
+1 to borrowing a friends guitar. If not then how 'taken apart' is your second guitar? could it be put back together in time? what's broken on your main guitar? if it's just the neck, is buying a used neck off a cheap guitar an option?
Borrow a friends, or rent something.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Buy a dean vendetta 1 tune o matic bridge its like 279 dollars
Quote by duncang
They probably think about it just as much, they just don't admit it.

Having sexual thoughts is like farting, we all do it, it's just that girls never let anyone else know about it.
^Read the thread.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by blue_strat
A Squier Fat Strat could probably do both things you need. The humbucker in the bridge would be suitably heavy (with a suitable amp) for a last-minute replacement, and the neck singlecoil would be good for strat-tone blues. Or if you go to a shop and try out the various Les Paul copies, like the Epiphone LP100, they may do the trick.

Hmm, awfully noisy though, no?
I'll be using a Peavey JSX (combo :rolleyes which is a really good amp, but similar to most it's pretty noisy, my Bareknuckles are pretty noiseless so I dont usually have to worry about it.
Quote by Will_Minus
What's so broken about it?

yes.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Sorry I probably should mentioned folks, with the gig being on saturday I don't have time to order from ocver-seas, Im not sure about GAK's delivery, never used them.

But as I say, would really need to be tomorrow I'd buy it (I've taken the day off work to have a look around)

But links to guitars on websites are totally welcome, gives me something to look at/for
I recommend, going to your local Guitar Center. Buy some Awesome Gibson Les Paul. Bring back within 30 days for full money refund.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Again, what's so broken about your current guitar? Why can't you put your 2nd guitar back together for a couple days?
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:

Quote by james4
+1 to borrowing a friends guitar. If not then how 'taken apart' is your second guitar? could it be put back together in time? what's broken on your main guitar? if it's just the neck, is buying a used neck off a cheap guitar an option?

The second guitar is really just a body at the moment :\ Or will be shortly,

I've taken the dodgy Edge tremelo off it (to replace, obviously), no pickups, and I've started messing around with the wiring to the volume/tone control (planning on another volume control), so yeah... not really in any state to be put back together before saturday I wouldn't say

And like I said above, I';d only recently got the Bareknuckles in (put them in myself), but I got a coil-tap stuck in, and something seems to have gone with the wiring so it's in getting repaired, won't be ready till tuesday said the guy:|
Quote by CORT noob
I recommend, going to your local Guitar Center. Buy some Awesome Gibson Les Paul. Bring back within 30 days for full money refund.

Sadly his "local" GC will be 3,000 miles away

TS, try and find one of these in a shop
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ah, the RG321 seems pretty reasonable, very reasonable if it's any good:P

Anyone had any experience with em?

(still open to suggestions guys)
Quote by steven seagull
Sadly his "local" GC will be 3,000 miles away

TS, try and find one of these in a shop
http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/ibanez-rg321-mh/67798

Oh. Sorry. Didn't know where he lived, I couldn't find out by reading the thread. Is he in the UK?
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Quote by Daveyh
Sorry I probably should mentioned folks, with the gig being on saturday I don't have time to order from ocver-seas, Im not sure about GAK's delivery, never used them.

But as I say, would really need to be tomorrow I'd buy it (I've taken the day off work to have a look around)

But links to guitars on websites are totally welcome, gives me something to look at/for

www.craigslist.com
^you can find stuff localy on there its not like they ship it to you if they live close enough you can go pick it up on your own

http://www.musicyo.com/brandland.asp?dept_id=1
^ my friend has a kramer striker and its wicked awsome and cheap
Ah okay thanks ZoSo,

Yeah I'm in the Uk (unfortunatly :\ haha)

Anyone else got any ideas?
^ RG321 is a beginner - intermediate guitar, but it's a very decent one at that. it's definitely reliable enough for a gig and the pick ups aren't great quality but they will handle gain and clean reasonably well. i think it's your best bet.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I'd really try and rent/borrow a guitar. However, if you really wanna buy one, maybe a washburn x40/x50 would do you good, or even a wi64/65/66.

Good luck anyway mate, and sorry to hear about your misfortune.
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.