I feel so deflated at the minute. All i really want to do is make music, music is the only thing that interrests me at the moment. I normally play bass but ive picked up guitar within the past 4 months and its going pretty well. The thing is that i know musicians but they wont get off their lazy asses and jam...even my brother who plays guitar hasnt picked his guitar up for ****ing ages its annoying. I feel like im not able to express myself at the minute because no-one wants to do anythign, i have a friend who is a drummer who also cant be bothered. I feel like there stopping me from acheiving anything, and i never acheive anything so writing and recording like one song would be an acomplisment for me...

also i have crap gear, no money, no means of recording...im lost?!

i guess this is a bit of a pointless thread, and knowing the pit ill probably just get raped with negative responses. but i just feel like sharing. Have any of you been in this situation? where all you want to do is play but no-one else seems bothered? its driving me nuts!
at least you know musicians. I know a total of 1 bass player and 0 drummers. and 2 guitarists who don't suck.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Get Audacity free and record songs?

is there anyway of getting drums?
Quote by TheHereAway
is there anyway of getting drums?

Try Acoustica Beatcraft for simpler beats, otherwise I don't know any great drum simulators that are free.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Try Acoustica Beatcraft for simpler beats, otherwise I don't know any great drum simulators that are free.

thanks, downloading now. what about recording? i have a ****ty pc mic but nothing else, should i just close mic and record?
go into your local Guitar Center/Music Shop and talk to people there,much better then just gathering a bunch of friends who are OK at there insturment(this if you wanna start a serious band,if you wanna just jam,get your friends)
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by TheHereAway
also i have crap gear, no money, no means of recording...im lost?!
DUDE, that's the story of my LIFE!

Seriously, the same problem has been grating on my mind for the past two or three years. ><

And ditto to not having anyone to play music with. It really sucks. =/
Quote by Henry Polfave
go into your local Guitar Center/Music Shop and talk to people there,much better then just gathering a bunch of friends who are OK at there insturment(this if you wanna start a serious band,if you wanna just jam,get your friends)

yea but im not exactly a prodigy or anythign lol, i feel comfortable around the two mentioned because they are the same skill level as me, they just dont want to actually do anythign and improve themselves and actually make some music.
Quote by TheHereAway
thanks, downloading now. what about recording? i have a ****ty pc mic but nothing else, should i just close mic and record?
I bought a $20 mic from Amazon. It's not great, but it's pretty good.
Quote by TheHereAway
yea but im not exactly a prodigy or anythign lol, i feel comfortable around the two mentioned because they are the same skill level as me, they just dont want to actually do anythign and improve themselves and actually make some music.

tell them to snort crack

they will feel like doing EVERYTHING
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Quote by Henry Polfave
tell them to snort crack

they will feel like doing EVERYTHING

lol

Quote by yawn
I bought a $20 mic from Amazon. It's not great, but it's pretty good.

and did you just close mic it to your amp? did it come out any good? cause ive got **** amps too im wondering if it will just come out rubbish. ill go buy a half decent mic anyways though.

EDIT: and should be getting a new amp for my bday/xmas anyways
Quote by TheHereAway
lol

and did you just close mic it to your amp? did it come out any good? cause ive got **** amps too im wondering if it will just come out rubbish. ill go buy a half decent mic anyways though.

EDIT: and should be getting a new amp for my bday/xmas anyways
Well, my recordings don't really sound good, but that's only cause I've got a really crappy electric guitar. Hm...

Well, if you want to hear the best tone I've been able to get with a $20 mic, a $99 amp, and a $99 guitar, give a listen to my "The River" recording on my profile. For acoustic (if you play acoustic), Despertar del Alma is with the same mic and an old, but decent acoustic.

One of these days I'll be able to afford an MBox... ><

Quote by GiantRaven
Do what I do and make Guitar Pro compositions
Finale > Guitar Pro
Quote by yawn
Well, my recordings don't really sound good, but that's only cause I've got a really crappy electric guitar. Hm...

Well, if you want to hear the best tone I've been able to get with a $20 mic, a $99 amp, and a $99 guitar, give a listen to my "The River" recording on my profile. For acoustic (if you play acoustic), Despertar del Alma is with the same mic and an old, but decent acoustic.

One of these days I'll be able to afford an MBox... ><

Finale > Guitar Pro

its only loading 1.30 in im liking it so far though...what did you use to get the strings effects at 1.28 i think they start? a keyboard?
^ Yeah, that's from my digital piano. Oddly enough, the only good piece of music equipment I have. :0

[Oh, and forgot to mention - the electric guitar comes later in the song. Maybe a lil after half way through.]
lol, yea ive got a portable grand keyboard that my rents bought me wayyy back (which i never played until i picked up a guitar and started thinking about how i could implement it into songs and stuff) but it doesnt have Moog like Motion City Sountrack use or anything like that so its annoying
Dude, I have three brothers who are musicians, but the only one that likes my music is my youngest brother (who's older than me) who plays bass and drums. We rarely jam, though. Once we went to the studio so he could play drums and asked me to take my guitar. That was pretty cool.

Oh and I have ****ty gear, too. I have a decent guitar (Peavey JF1), a Boss distortion pedal, a Zoom effects pedal, and a crappy little $50 Fender amp.
Quote by revolutionplz
I searched for Acoustica Beatcraft, and I can't find a free version ...

Where would that be located?

i couldnt find the full version but there are some demos, but my internet was going slow so will download it tommorow and see if the demo is any good
I feel exactly the same. Except I get paid tomorrow and can start my purchase of different programs I need to make my music. I normally play bass, but I'm not in a band, and theres not much in the way of solo work you can do with a bass guitar so I'm going to turn my hand to varying electronic muzakz.
Quote by DanRev
I feel exactly the same. Except I get paid tomorrow and can start my purchase of different programs I need to make my music. I normally play bass, but I'm not in a band, and theres not much in the way of solo work you can do with a bass guitar so I'm going to turn my hand to varying electronic muzakz.

yea, i normally play bass too. but because no-one was interrested in making music i picked up the guitar and have learnt some keyboard too...its so much easier to learn other instruments when you already play one
Quote by TheHereAway
i couldnt find the full version but there are some demos, but my internet was going slow so will download it tommorow and see if the demo is any good

Yeah I saw that. I just thought I was missing out on something.