I have a question about the internet acess feature on the iPod Touch that is coming out later this month, and if anyone has any answers, it would be appreciated

On the internet browser the ipod has, can I access YouTube and other websites from anywhere, anytime, free of charge? Or can I only acess it from certain places, or does it cost money to use? (I dont want to get a Touch and get a massive bill because I thought the internet was free...)

Anyone who can help will receive a cookie
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
if its anything like my Dell Axim X30 or X51, you wont be able to watch youtube on it...just too much info to go though it

but you could download files and watch them on your ipod i believe.
Quote by zippidyduda
I have a question about the internet acess feature on the iPod Touch that is coming out later this month, and if anyone has any answers, it would be appreciated

On the internet browser the ipod has, can I access YouTube and other websites from anywhere, anytime, free of charge? Or can I only acess it from certain places, or does it cost money to use? (I dont want to get a Touch and get a massive bill because I thought the internet was free...)

Anyone who can help will receive a cookie

LIAR!!!!!!
sup?
Quote by JC13
Not sure about ipod, but I believe PSP uses wifi to connect to the internet, and it's completely free.. But the only places you can use it of course are places where internet connection is available (like a wireless network, eg: school)... If you're away from home and plan on using it, you may have to rely on hoping someone has an unsecured network around you..

Also, you can go to pretty much any website, but some features will be limited... I don't believe you can watch videos on youtube. .

Actually, I know for a fact that Apple has a special app that you can access youtube from! It was on all the previews

And yeah, that makes sense, thanks! You receive a cookie

WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

most places if they dont have a password protecting there wireless internet then its free... not so sure about youtube... if the new ipod has the latest version of flash then yes you can watch go there
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by ldl67
you made me feel that my iPod is obsolete.

It is obsolete.

Get with the times

WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

I wouldn't want one. Touch screens get all smudgy shortly after purchasing a product. I like the new iPod Classic, though. My fifth-gen iPod seems to be having all sorts of trouble nowadays, as I have dropped it a bunch of times, and I didn't get a case for it until about a year after its purchase. The headphone jack's screwed up half of the time, and the hard drive's corrupt. I formatted it, and the problems seemed to get worse. It still works fine, but it's hard to deal with. I need to get it repaired.
Quote by Holy Katana
I wouldn't want one. Touch screens get all smudgy shortly after purchasing a product. I like the new iPod Classic, though. My fifth-gen iPod seems to be having all sorts of trouble nowadays, as I have dropped it a bunch of times, and I didn't get a case for it until about a year after its purchase. The headphone jack's screwed up half of the time, and the hard drive's corrupt. I formatted it, and the problems seemed to get worse. It still works fine, but it's hard to deal with. I need to get it repaired.

But they offer a lot of touch screen protectors and stuff (things that go over the screen to prevent smudging) so Im not worried by that. And I agree, the iPod Classic looks nice too, but far to big for me, since i only ever have 600 songs at a time.

Plus the iPod Touch uses a flash drive so it is far more durable and doesnt corrupt as easily as the hardware does
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

You connect to the internet for free wherever there is free wireless.

It's like if you had a laptop. You go to the mall and sometimes there are free networks, sometimes there are networks that will charge you money.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.