Page 1 of 2
In a stunning last-minute move, Walt Disney Properties have pressured promoter Live Nation into canceling Machine Head's performance tomorrow night at the House of Blues venue in Anaheim (on their Disneyland property). Citing violent imagery, undesirable fans and inflammatory lyrics as the reason, the diversity-impaired corporation began pressuring the promoter on Saturday to cancel all upcoming heavy metal concerts, placing Machine Head under an internal "review process" that took 5 days before bothering to convey their alarming decision to the band late yesterday - less than 48 hours before their Black Tyranny Tour was to kick off at House of Blues Anaheim on Friday night.

While the enactment of this new blanket rule applies to all upcoming heavy metal shows at the House Of Blues Anaheim (with some metal bands having been banned from performing on name alone), Machine Head is the first band to actually have tickets go on sale, and remain on sale for 2 months, before intense pressure and vague threats of liability from the Corporation left the promoter with no choice but to remove the show from the venue.

As a result, Live Nation's Paul McGuigan did the honorable thing and incredibly, on one days notice, managed to salvage the tour's opening night by moving the first date of The Black Tyranny tour (featuring Machine Head, Arch Enemy, Throwdown, and Sanctity) to The Glass House in Pomona, CA (located at 200 W. Second Street). All existing tickets will be redeemable for entry at The Glass House, and all Will Call pickups will now be available for pickup at the new venue. Any fans unable to make the 70-mile trip to The Glass House as a result of this ridiculous turn of events will be able to have their money refunded in full. Strangely, all other Black Tyranny dates at House Of Blues venues on Disney property will remain unaffected.

On behalf of all four bands on the bill, Machine Head wish to extend their gratitude to promoter Paul McGuigan and Live Nation for finding an alternate venue for tomorrow night's show on such short notice.

[From MachineHead1.com]

discuss.
Go Veg.
disney can eat my toe nails
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
Corporate censorship sucks big time ass. I don't see how metal fans are 'undesirable' anyway; all the metal fans I know are much better people than the rap fans that give me, my brother and my girlfriend a hard time at ever opportunity.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Wait a minute, they banned one band out of a 2 band tour? So what, Arch Enemy will play House of Blues and Machine Head will play at the other location?

Either way, props to the promoter dude. Most people would just bail out on it.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Quote by dead-fish
Wait a minute, they banned one band out of a 2 band tour? So what, Arch Enemy will play House of Blues and Machine Head will play at the other location?

Either way, props to the promoter dude. Most people would just bail out on it.

I think the article says it's a blanket ban on all metal at that particular venue...

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Walt Disney is FAR more metal then Machine Head and Arch Enemy.
"We've had many cases in this department where a body has been found in pieces, or decomposed, and we've been able to put things together. Yes, the head, the upper part of the body, in a very badly
decomposed state"
In a stunning last-minute move, Walt Disney Properties have pressured promoter Live Nation into canceling Machine Head's performance tomorrow night at the House of Blues venue in Anaheim (on their Disneyland property). Citing violent imagery, undesirable fans and inflammatory lyrics as the reason, the diversity-impaired corporation began pressuring the promoter on Saturday to cancel all upcoming heavy metal concerts, placing Machine Head under an internal "review process" that took 5 days before bothering to convey their alarming decision to the band late yesterday - less than 48 hours before their Black Tyranny Tour was to kick off at House of Blues Anaheim on Friday night.

While the enactment of this new blanket rule applies to all upcoming heavy metal shows at the House Of Blues Anaheim (with some metal bands having been banned from performing on name alone), Machine Head is the first band to actually have tickets go on sale, and remain on sale for 2 months, before intense pressure and vague threats of liability from the Corporation left the promoter with no choice but to remove the show from the venue.

As a result, Live Nation's Paul McGuigan did the honorable thing and incredibly, on one days notice, managed to salvage the tour's opening night by moving the first date of The Black Tyranny tour (featuring Machine Head, Arch Enemy, Throwdown, and Sanctity) to The Glass House in Pomona, CA (located at 200 W. Second Street). All existing tickets will be redeemable for entry at The Glass House, and all Will Call pickups will now be available for pickup at the new venue. Any fans unable to make the 70-mile trip to The Glass House as a result of this ridiculous turn of events will be able to have their money refunded in full. Strangely, all other Black Tyranny dates at House Of Blues venues on Disney property will remain unaffected.

On behalf of all four bands on the bill, Machine Head wish to extend their gratitude to promoter Paul McGuigan and Live Nation for finding an alternate venue for tomorrow night's show on such short notice.

[From MachineHead1.com]

What does that mean?
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Haha dude, that's lame. I would kick someone's baby.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
Quote by JC13

edit: Now Disney is going to become like UG arguing if something is real metal or not so they can ban it ... But probably not .

i'm looking forward to being able to post in all the "Why isn't Trivium metal?" threads that Disney lets them play at their venue.

i'm pretty sure Disney just called me "undesirable".
Quote by The Kush
This should be put in the ****ing Bible.

Quote by Våd Hamster
You are an inspiration.

Quote by Blackwaterson89
Listen to TheBlessed Dead. The man is a genius. There should be a man of genius song about him. Stephen Hawking has nothing on TheBlessed Dead.
Disney can suck me.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Phew I got scared for a second, I thought all HOB shows for Black Tyranny were gonna be cancelled. I would have murdered something. That promoter sounds like a pretty righteous guy, most people in his position probably would have screwed everyone over.
Quote by rubberfactory
both bands suck. live nation (clearchannel) sucks. more power to disney. jesus.

You=wrong

Well, nothing you can really do about it I guess, if Disney doesn't want em to play their venue then they aren't, but I don't know why they would even let them schedule it if they were gonna cancel it at the last minute.
Quote by F-ing Hostile
nothing you can really do about it I guess

There's plenty we can do...

Well, I guess we can bitch on the internet about it, but what else is the internet for?

Quote by Master Foo

Album.
Legion.
Quote by rubberfactory
both bands suck. live nation (clearchannel) sucks. more power to disney. jesus.

[/black metal fan with myspace account]
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
I don't like either of the bands but thats just plain retarded. Disney should be happy they're making money.
Quote by Mr. President
Disney needs less censorship and more Vanessa Hudgens nudes.

Please tell me they've leaked... please please please...

And yes, Disney is officially retarded now.
Quote by Twist of fate
Aliens can invade us. Apparently you've never heard of pearl harbor

Its yet another uninformed body trying to blanket ban **** that they have no clue about. Censoring metal just because it might attract some unsavoury people. Well ****ing rap concerts bring out the nuts with the 9mm, why not ban them?
Cheers to Walt Disney for having some balls. I can't wait till some Willi Nelson fan pulls out a joint and all country music is banned for rowdy fans. Or when Hannah Montanna comes through and something goes wrong back stage and shes caught lip singing to a back track and an outraged fan says **** YOU! and all pop is banned for horrible fans. Then we'll really have an appropriate house of blues.
"If its the audience whos a bit lagging we just kick em in the nuts till they wake up!"
Bruce Dickinson-Iron Maiden

My Gear:
RG 2? (its white with EMG's)
Crate GT220, 120 watts of absolute awesome!
Walt Disney hates Jews.

I'm sure if he were still alive, there'd be a little wiggle room allowed for metal bands.

Quote by Honkers
Cheers to Walt Disney for having some balls. I can't wait till some Willi Nelson fan pulls out a joint and all country music is banned for rowdy fans. Or when Hannah Montanna comes through and something goes wrong back stage and shes caught lip singing to a back track and an outraged fan says **** YOU! and all pop is banned for horrible fans. Then we'll really have an appropriate house of blues.

Warning: Post is lacking in the sense department.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Quote by Honkers

Danger Will Robinson, Danger!
Quote by mike130
Please tell me they've leaked... please please please...

And yes, Disney is officially retarded now.

Disney has always been retarded. Have you heard of Celebration Town? It's a whole ****ing town created by Disney to emulate the "good ol' days" of suburban America - aka the days when black people were forced to sit on the back of buses and couldn't use the same washroom as a white man.

Disney also has god knows how many pedophiles working in their theme parks, not to mention exploits workers in developing nations to make their overpriced merchandise.
Quote by JC13
I believe his post was sarcastic. Strongly believe, btw.

If it wasn't, you are right.

Oh no, my sarcasm detector is working fine...it's just that...I have no idea what he's trying to say...

Quote by Charlatan_001
"good ol' days" of suburban America.

rofl oxymoron
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Oh no, my sarcasm detector is working fine...it's just that...I have no idea what he's trying to say...

rofl oxymoron

Oxymoron, how?
Quote by JC13
The House of Blues isn't just one venue, there are tonnes dotted all around America/Canada, maybe other places.. So I think it means the HOB's in other places around the world will continue to allow metal.

Yes, because America and Canada are "the world".
F*ck Disney...what a bunch of bullsh*t. I'm glad the promotor stepped up though and found a new venue.

Now this means that the Suffocation/Immolation tour is also canceled due to those fags at Disney.
Quote by Charlatan_001
Oxymoron, how?

If you've ever seen an episode of Leave it To Beaver, you'll know what I'm talking about.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
If you've ever seen an episode of Leave it To Beaver, you'll know what I'm talking about.

You do realize I put "good ol' days" in quotations marks, right?
That is absolute bollocks, it's like a reapeat of Tipper Gore and her PMRC. "Undesireable fans" what does that mean, there have been thousands of studies showing metal fans as brighter, more cultured and more knowledgable than any other genre amongst teenagers. They seem to look no further than Angela's growling, Robb Flynn's swearing and the fans' long hair and devil horns.

We need to organise an attack on the nearest Disney resort to each of us. Not so much burn it down, but make it shut down - using the superior intelligence that we metal fans embody.

I'm going to Paris to **** Eurodisney up.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
disney are just scared that their place will get trashed if they allow metal fans in. they're risking even more now as most fans are now pretty pissed off. if they had let the show go ahead as planned there would have been no fuss but now they've created trouble for themselves. Mickey mouse is getting a kick in the balls when i see him
Page 1 of 2