alright so...
i went to guitar center the other day and got a midi cable :].
it seems cool.
i have the keyboard and everything...
is it possible to use the sounds from the key board in a midi track?
or how do i get different sounds on the computer.
im just totally confused on how that workss.
any help would be great :].
thanks.
oh and btw im using cubase.

thanksss
http://tweakheadz.com/how_to_get_started_with_midi.html

if don't have anything at all in your current setup, you can get a MIDI<->USB interface for about $30
most of the recording interfaces also come with a MIDI in/out

if you want to use the sounds from the keyboard in a song 2 cables might come in handy
run the MIDI out from the keyboard into the PC, run the MIDI out from the PC into the keyboard
hook up the audio output from the keyboard into the PC too

press record, play whatever you want. Clean it up in the sequencer if you made any mistakes (in your case, Cubase). When you're happy play the MIDI track back into the keyboard and record the audio.

or you can just use the keyboard as a controller and use software synths (VSTi things and such)
theres like midi cables connected i think...
cause theres 4 ends........
2 ins 2 outs.
i plug them in... to my firepod...
then i go to cubase, set up a midi track...
record...
when i play back...it sounds right...but then ill change the sounds on the keyboard and then the recording i just made uses the sounds from the keyboard...
how do i make it just stayy as the sounds i originally had?
midi is just information. so when you record it its just information like note on/note off.

you change the sounds (in cubase) by making a midi track and a vst instrument track.
You have to set the midi information to go into the vst synth and then come out your speakers.

you can get all sorts of vst instrument plug-ins with different synth/drum sounds etc.

Check to make sure you have all your in's and out's set correctly.
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
If you want the sounds of they keyboard you would need to record the audio output from the keyboard. MIDI is just musical information (Note name, length, dynamic...etc)
Google search 'free vst instruments' you can usually download them and they're not very big.
unless they come with samples and things like that. there's lots of free ones, and lots of demo ones.

Native Instruments make some really good stuff but can be damn expensive, hmmm.. yeah just do some research, you can usually find some decent sounding stuff.

try this too: http://www.tweakbench.com/
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
Quote by orgasmickey
Google search 'free vst instruments' you can usually download them and they're not very big.
unless they come with samples and things like that. there's lots of free ones, and lots of demo ones.

Native Instruments make some really good stuff but can be damn expensive, hmmm.. yeah just do some research, you can usually find some decent sounding stuff.

try this too: http://www.tweakbench.com/

A lot of these instruments are strictly samples, unless you start getting into digital synths.