My student loan will be coming in shortly, and random money from everywhere and i'm looking to set my computer up to record. My friend who does sound engineering at university gave me a list of suggested items for recording bass via DI ( I think, i'm not too up on the in's and out's of recording) and then adding other instruments using a MIDI keyboard or however i pleased.

He suggested a Behringer V-Amp which can be obtained for about £80 for tone purposes etc. and i was wondering if any of you have had any experience with these, and would it be worth investing in for a half decent rig?

http://www.behringer.com/LX1-B/
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
Last edited by Metalcredge at Sep 6, 2007,
well if you want OK amp modelling that would be okayish

butter options would be Sansamp bass driver DI, or Sansamp RBI also the PSA1 has some good bass settings and settings for various other instraments if that is what you are interested the PSA1 seams more up youre ally. they have sound clips on the website of alot of thier presets. the presets sound good and if you tweeked the settings it would sound great.

also the line6 podXT either the footcontrolled one or the rackmount is good.
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
This is actually one of the only pieces of Behringer gear I would recommend.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
The sansamp and the line 6 series are generally expensive, i'm trying to not spend too much while maintaining a decent rig. And, any reason why you'd reccomend this indie?
Currently attempting to learn: The Dissentience by Protest The Hero in it's entirety.
For the price you pay, it's a good piece of kit, obviously it's not as good as the line 6 or sansamp but they're much more expensive, the modelling is pretty good and the effects are alright, at £80 it's decent. It'll keep your rig decent and not burn a hole in your pocket.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Dumb question.. I'm not really up to date with my technical side to bass playing, I basically only know basses and amps..

What exactly is this? Is it a combo of an effects pedal and some sort of recording device?
"I don't understand how one can kill a man in the name of peace, that's ridiculous."
- JBT
It's basically a big effects/tone box, and you can dial in a tone and use it live if you want. I am using it to get tone for recording into my computer via an external sound card, as opposed to using computer sounds or downloading them. It's just me being choosy i guess.
I'm skeptical of this because it says it's designed for bass, yet everything about the example on the Behringer website looks like it's designed for guitar, with "Bass" shoehorned onto the label.

I'm not a fan of Line 6 either, but at least they seem to have made the effort to make their Bass Pods look like bass products.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Last edited by Caustic at Sep 7, 2007,