I have been playing guitar for a year and a half or so and i feel like i am stuck and am not really getting better. I practice about an hour a day but i dont really know what to practice because i am teaching myself. can anyone help any advice
AC/DC Solos
And if the cloud bursts, thunder in your ear
You shout and no one seems to hear.
And if the band you're in starts playing different tunes
I'll see you on the dark side of the moon.
Quote by guitarplayer94
AC/DC Solos

+1

anything classic rock will help with improving yourself when stuck, and just progressively work your way to harder songs.
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
I' ve gone through that as well. There are a few practice help articles here on UG you should probably check out. Practicing songs that challenge you would probably help as well. Right now, I'm taking a few things from Steve Vais' 10 hour workout to implement into my daily practice routine so maybe you could check that out (the tab of it is on UG.)
GMO INC.
Quote by bnewguitars
I have been playing guitar for a year and a half or so and i feel like i am stuck and am not really getting better. I practice about an hour a day but i dont really know what to practice because i am teaching myself. can anyone help any advice

well, I am teaching myself too, and one thing I feel really helps you develop in guitar playing is being a member of a band. you learn a lot from others in the band, it gives you a chance to focus on certain aspects of music which maybe you wouldnt have focused much on just playing by yourself...

oh, and classic rock for songs is a very good choice for music to play, and depending on if you like it, learning power or speed metal will help you develop new skills
I suggest learning the solo to You Shook me all night long by ACDC, the solo has some good bend practise
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
yeah, im self-taught too, and about the same length of time as you too, so i understand (kinda)
right now im practicing alternate picking, just for the sake of working on improving my speed, so start working on that unless you already can do that

all the previous recommendations are good too, including some pink floyd, cause dave gilmour doesn't shred much, making the stuff easier to play without making your fingers bleed

and props to bluezombie for the buckethead pic
Getting "stuck" is all apart of getting better. Even the pros experiance those days were they haven't played well at all. I have been playing for 7 years and mostly taught myself and there times were I wanted to throw my guitar across the room . I'm just now taking lessons from UG and it has greatly improved my skills . I also know that if you have others to jam out with can be a huge plus. Also, try different kinds of music. Every now and then switch it up a little. Learn all you can in UG and i promise you that you can get unstuck.