Well in a way...
It's 12:45 and i wake up and oh god its that problem i've had for a while now, my left ear is totally blocked by well wax from the inside and its quite common

So now im wasting sleeping time trying to massage my ear to get it out so i can be normal again and sleep

But this is a common thing for me, have i got over wax=producing ears or is it a sign of hearing loss? I'm quite worried about it so yeah
doctor is your friend, you need your ears man
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
yeah ur ears produce alot of wax lol

just go to doctors and theyll clean them out.

then clean them like at least 2 times a day [day/night] or more and i think u shud be good.

just my guess tho.
Call me Trey.
Yeah i know, thats why it's of concern to me
But is this a common thing? Or something pretty bad?

^ Thats the thing, i clean out alot of the stuff in there very reguarly, but its the deeper stuff that i just have no hold on and just gets pushed in
I clean mine every night with Q-Tips or with my pinky in the shower. Pulling out a wax covered earphone is nasty.
well this happened to me a few times. What you do is either:

A) Go to the doctor and he will use this syringe(sp?) thing filled with warm water and flush it all out.

B) Use a Qtip and very carefully and gently get rid of the wax. If you do it wrong you can hurt your ear havign it back that far, but it works. Just don't be stupid lol
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Fender Highway One Stratocaster
Seagull S6+Cedar
Yamaha Pacifica
Epiphone Valve Special
Boss OD-3
Boss DS-1
Dunlop Jimi Hendrix Wah
I have 0 wax in my ears...I only get like dry slom crap way in there that never amounts to anything really
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
Yea, getting your ears cleaned isn't bad, at least not at my doctor.

They have this massive syringe (with no needle, mind you), and they get warm water, load the syringe thing with it, and blast it into your ea while haling a little cup thing under your ear.

It feels weird at first, but it's not painful, just awkward. =P

The little cup thing catches all the wax that comes out, and, voila! Good as new.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
see the doctor dude,it cant be a bad thing to get it checked it out
Paul Reed Smith CE22
Fender Spalted Maple HH Tele
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Korg Pitchblack
Boss GE-8 Graphic EQ
Dunlop ZW Wah
BBE Two Timer
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV Combo
Mesa/Boogie Rectifier 212

www.myspace.com/shapesofgrey
Get a sheet of some sort of paper that doesn't burn too quickly. Roll it up and stick it in your ear. Cut a hole in some cardboard or something and stick it through that so the ashes don't fall on you. Light the end, and, if it works properly, the wax will be sucked out.
Quote by bass_kid92
Get a sheet of some sort of paper that doesn't burn too quickly. Roll it up and stick it in your ear. Cut a hole in some cardboard or something and stick it through that so the ashes don't fall on you. Light the end, and, if it works properly, the wax will be sucked out.

That sounds intense.
Quote by LedZepKicksAzz
You are simply the greatest person ever to walk this great planet.
Quote by philipisabeast
Well in a way...
It's 12:45 and i wake up and oh god its that problem i've had for a while now, my left ear is totally blocked by well wax from the inside and its quite common

So now im wasting sleeping time trying to massage my ear to get it out so i can be normal again and sleep

But this is a common thing for me, have i got over wax=producing ears or is it a sign of hearing loss? I'm quite worried about it so yeah

go to a Dr. My other brother and dad have this...just lots of wax buildup that happens faster than normal.
they give you something to put in there every once and a while to clean it out.
Quote by Thornography
I clean mine every night with Q-Tips or with my pinky in the shower. Pulling out a wax covered earphone is nasty.

That's sounds funny.

/immaturity
My brother had that, the doctor can clean it out with a syringe filled with warm water.

He was also told to put a few drops of olive oil in his ear at night followed by a piece of cotton wool to keep it in, the oil dissolves the wax.
Schecter C1 Classic Left Handed
Line 6 POD HD500
Peavey Valveking 112
Quote by bass_kid92

You want me to stick a bit of paper in my ear? And then set light to it?
Whaaaaaaaat?
yeah ive been worried about my ears lately too. theres a lot of wax oozin' out of them, and i keep having to turn the tv up a notch louder every week or so to hear it. too much loud music? nnaaahhh **** it. when u cant hear.. u can still feel the vibes
Ive had this happen to me be very careful when cleaning them with Q tips Ive ruptured my ear drum cause of it. My hearing was shot for a few days in that ear. Its all fine now. Just try and keep them clean not to have build up and with a warm cloth rub that in your ear. My doc said to never put anything larger than your elbow in your ear... Granted that a wash cloth is a lil smaller that that. Just becarful when cleaning.
Guitars
- Schecter Tempest
- Epi LP Custom
- Ovation Acoustic
- BC Rich Dagger
Quote by suprfly

Amps & Effects
- B-52 AT-100
- Girlfriend (doubles as a Tube Screamer)
- Steve Vai Bad horsie 2

Quote by MightyAl
This strength is built and maintained by masturbation.
My right hand ear used to produce wax alot when I was young, but Ive never had any problems since. I use to have these ear drops, basiclly it was just parafin I think to break down the wax. *tocuhes wood*
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Get your ears syringed. Problem solved. Whatever you do, don't sit on the toilet for half an hour with a plunger trying to unblock it, because as my friends and family pointed - I mean, as your friends and family will point out, that is extremely dangerous. Yup.
"Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
~The Sun

"His a cant."
~The Independent
thats bleach?, I wouldnt want to put bleach in my ears!
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
Possibly glue ear, when it produces more wax and it clogs up teh canal. Common in younger children, though older people can get it too. Just get along to the Doctor, they'll wash out your ears and might give you some pills or something to take. Don't worry too much.

I love cleaning my ears with cotton buds, but my ears always have like, no wax in
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
No i don't think it's like that ^ It's just that about a year and a half ago [when this started] i was going to alot of loud gigs and concerts and listening to my headphones at silly volumes so it basically produced wax to counter that and well as i cleaned it somes been pushed back into the ear canal and it's been basically building up, and when i add ear drops to it it just gets stickier and gloopierand it's just got to a finale now thats really pissing me off - and reading up on glue ear, it seems that it's an inner ear thing, this is just stuff getting pushed in blocking it up

But yeah i'll go see a doctor soon
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 7, 2007,
Yea listening to headphones alot is a big factor in it. I listen to headphones all the time so my ears create a lot of wax. When you go and get them syringed it's really weird at first. When they hae been done you go dizzy for about 10 minutes.
^ Well it can't be as bad waking up with completely blocked ears and wobbling over when you try to balance yourself

But yeah i'll get an appointment with the nurse
+1 to see doctor
Quote by Seryaph
Great.

You just single-handedly caused an entire future generation of people to be flushed down the toilet.

Good job, TS.