OK heres the deal I wanna join my high schools drama club right?. Simple enough I have been in drama club at my old school. And I'm fairly good at it. But now here is the problem. For the audition I have to do a monologue and sing a song. The monologue is easy. Its the singing I'm gonna trouble with. First of all I'm not a great singer in the first place but I figure i could always go for the. "So bad that its funny and good" routine. But I don't have that much self-confidence. So getting up there in the first place and singing is gonna be a challenge in itself. So please any advice on growing a pair would be helpful
Hmm...if you aren't a good singer, perhaps Drama club isn't for you. And if the club doesn't require you to sing, that's a ridiculous thing to put in an audition.

Either way, it seems very weird to me.
No advice on really growing a pair, just get up and do it? Just like getting ready for your first gig, yah your scared ****less, but your there to do something you love and have fun while doing it? That motivation enough?
I can't tell you to how to grow some balls, but seriously just try to stay calm and try your best they'll notice that you're at least trying and probably give you a chance.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Yeah, I do't get why you need to sing. At my school you just have a monologue. Singings is for Choir.

I say, practice. You might not be too bad, you just need some confidence - and you'll gain that confidence by practicing. Though, I don't know how much time you have.
I've got the same problem.
I'm audition for our schools musical these year (we usually have about 25,000$ musicals, bigtime things) and i've got to sing a song. I've been told i'm an okay singer, but i've never done it as an audition.
"Insecticon" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club
PM NightmareXT To Join!

You make me feel
Like a dog, you can see, my emotions
Is this for real, i'm a man
Sinking deep, in the ocean
if you dont have self confidence then why do you wanna be in drama?
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
I don't have any advice for you. Just do your best man, what else is there to do? Also, I'm heavily involved in my school's drama club, and I am an active singer/guitar player, and I personally think adding a singing requirement for an audition to the club is ridiculous. Being an actor does not require a good singing voice.
Quote by vintage x metal
My toilet has seen some scenes that one would describe as 'deathcore'
Ya I should have mentioned my school does musicals...right well ya im just gonna go up there and do it. So any song ideas

btw audition is Thursday
No suggestions on growing a pair, because we're in the same boat there. The blind can't lead the blind.

But I suggest you do Christopher Walken's monologue from Pulp Fiction. Crazy over-done, but the teachers will certainly get a kick out of it.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
Quote by krypto1339
No suggestions on growing a pair, because we're in the same boat there. The blind can't lead the blind.

But I suggest you do Christopher Walken's monologue from Pulp Fiction. Crazy over-done, but the teachers will certainly get a kick out of it.

I said I was fairly good not amazing
Get a funny voice down. That way they'll just be like "...what the ****?" instead of "Damn he sucks."
Quote by krypto1339

NO! Do NOT do a monologue from a movie. For theatre auditions ALWAYS use a monologue from a play. That's what they tell us here -- which is the University of Southern California's School of Theatre. Every legitimate theatre asks you to do a monologue from a play. I assume this is because it's harder to see a play than a movie, so you have to be inventive, creating the performance yourself, rather than just imitating something you've seen on the screen.

Also, I'd recommend not doing a weird voice or an accent. Just do something the way you normally speak. Accents and voices can be gimmicks, and they'll maybe detract from your acting ability, at least how it can be seen. Gimmicks make you seem either unconfident (you don't think your acting is good enough, so you cover it with an accent or voice) or incompetent (same reason). You won't fool anyone. Just be natural.
Can't stop the signal.
Last edited by search49 at Sep 6, 2007,