Ive been playing for about 4-5 years and recently got into classical. I know one or two songs from beethoven and mason williams but what are some good beginning classical songs you recommend for someone thats just getting into that genre?
bouree in e minor by bach is really good. go to http://www.classtab.org/ for a bunch of songs and tabs, lots have a midi track of the song so you can hear how it goes.
Spanish Romance is simple and alot of people like listening, but to be honest it gets boring to play fairly quickly. I'm learning La Catedral by Agustin Barrios right now (Movement III Allegro Solemne). If you,ve been playing that long I think you'll at least be proficient in the fretting hand but since you just started classical you may want to begin with the first movement which is much slower (or even play the third at a slower pace). It's definitely not an easy song but I find it to be one of the more amusing to play. You may also want to look at Guitar World's solo guitar version of Bohemian Rhapsody. Again, not easy but it's a fairly slow song for the most part and it incorporates keyboard, bass, guitar, and vocals so you get that full band feeling while playing on your own. I also posted Don Ross' King Street Suite that I wrote out and learned for class a few years back, definitely a solid starter piece for classical guitarists.

Other songs:
Eric Clapton - Tears in Heaven (try the standard version and if that's too easy I have an arrangement that includes vocals and bass that you may be interested in...used to be on UG but I can't find it)
spanish romance is good but yeah it does get kind of boring after a while, canon in D maybe
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Quote by CamaroEric+
bouree in e minor by bach is really good. go to http://www.classtab.org/ for a bunch of songs and tabs, lots have a midi track of the song so you can hear how it goes.

heheh theres so many tab there....
but can i suggest 1 to 5 of them that u've played already and good to play?
Greensleeves is good, it's slow and fairly easy to play. You also might like Promenade from Pictures At Exhibition, I don't remember who wrote it though.

I-I

I----------------I

TheOneAndOnlyIsaac

Chi Mai - Ennio Morricone
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS