So i am getting kind of sick of strumming, and i haven't really found a cool acoustic solo that isn't impossible to play yet.

So does anyone have any ideas on any cool instrumental songs i could play?
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

whats ur playing level??
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
also gonna depend how far down the fret board u can easily play
Quote by McClean05
Sweep picking if i could actually get faster at it. But overall . . everything. Every technique in guitar playing is worth learning or playing. Nice thread by the way
well I'm not incredibly bad, and my acoustic has a cutaway so I'm fine getting to the 15-20 frets. I can't play Tommy Emmanuel is what i mean by incredibly hard songs (even though he doesn't often play high up on the frets)
But there's no sense crying over every mistake, you just keep on trying till you run out of cake.

You could do the "what I got" solo by Sublime. I think it's pretty cool and it's really easy.
learn learn like Fade to Black, but play everything acoustic, Metallica has done that and i'm sure there tabs already out there. learn bits a pieces of Tommys stuff. theres the acoustic intro solo to patience by gnr and theres the solo in Feel like making love by bad company. that one is actually pretty cool. i mean with the right acoustic i can pull of Eruption maybe not some of the harmonix and whammy stuff. its just finding something and practicing it. plus finger strength man, get finger strength for doing lead and solo on the acoustic. that will actually make harder stuff or stuff u find hard tons tons easier honestly.
Quote by McClean05
If you're tired of strumming, then try fingerpicking.
Dust in the wind
Horizons
Knocking on heaven's door (GNR version)
Eric Clapton - Layla (acoustic version)

Two nice easy solos that sound great.
If you have a slide, or even a shot glass to use as a slide, the solo to Scar Tissue is real nice sounding on an acoustic.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Quote by Dark_Althalus
well I'm not incredibly bad, and my acoustic has a cutaway so I'm fine getting to the 15-20 frets. I can't play Tommy Emmanuel is what i mean by incredibly hard songs (even though he doesn't often play high up on the frets)

I wouldn't rule out Tommy Emmanuel completely, there are a couple of pieces on 'Only' (available from Mel Bay) which are definitely acheivable, as long as you start slow. "Those Who Wait" or "Questions" for instance. Also check out a book called "Fingerstyle Guitar Masterpieces" (don't be put off by the title!) there are a few great pieces in here that you should be able to play again with a little practice. Lastly if you don't mind a bit of open tuning, "Pierre Bensusan presents DADGAD guitar" is a good book too.

Good luck!

Guitar Noize