Along with my thread from yesterday about Schecter guitars, I now want to know what your thoughts are on Carvin guitars.

Are they worth their price? Did you have to raplace any parts? Is it worth ordering them custom from the factory?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I personally wouldn't buy one, but i guess that's besause I just heard of them yesterday, they seemed generic, I don't know, don't take my word for it.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
my friend has a carvin custom guitar, i think its amazing it plays so smoothly and sounds amazing and its customized exactly the way he wanted it
Carvin guitars and amps are built with such good quality. They are some of the best out there.
Ibanez JetKing II
Dean Caddy
line 6 spider III 15
Ibanez PM7
boss dd20
EH metal muff
crate gx-15
crate gx-120
yamaha rbx-170
oscar schmidt ob100b
dean markley k-20bx
carvin pb100-10
I would love to have a Carvin, but it won't be for a while. They use high quality woods and parts, and the only real thing you might have to watch out for is the pickups. Some people like them, some don't.
every carvin i've ever heard sounds amazing, go for it if you're thinking of buying one, oh and they look stellar
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Carvin's quality is top-notch. Premium woods, the best electronics and hardware, fastest necks, frets harder than nails, beautiful finishes. I like the styles of the bodies, they even have a V and Explorer type, as well as some Strat clones (Bolt.) Some however don't like the pickups. I loved mine. They have a huge list of options and will do almost anything you want to the guitar. Their prices have gotten much higher since I had mine, but they are as good or better than 99% of the best guitars on Earth. Well worth the price. And a great guarantee.
My buddy has a Super V and a custom built V220. They give new definition the "guitargasm".

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Quote by uldhppi
Carvin's quality is top-notch. Premium woods, the best electronics and hardware, fastest necks, frets harder than nails, beautiful finishes. I like the styles of the bodies, they even have a V and Explorer type, as well as some Strat clones (Bolt.) Some however don't like the pickups. I loved mine. They have a huge list of options and will do almost anything you want to the guitar. Their prices have gotten much higher since I had mine, but they are as good or better than 99% of the best guitars on Earth. Well worth the price. And a great guarantee.

Did you order yours online or through the magazine?
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
I ordered by using the catalog to get an idea of what I wanted and then called them. Very helpful sales people, and very knowledgable of their product.
Quote by uldhppi

That V shape you say is wrong, it's a reversed Randy Rhoads style.

and the other isn't an Explorer, it's a reversed star guitar.

pfft.
By far the best value.

Spectacular guitars.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
my dc727 is killer. wanted to replace the pickups but thats it. ordered from the hollywood store, paid a bit under $1250, and has been worth the $ ever since. PM me is u have specific questions as I have played several models at the store. im even planning on going this saturday
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
I recently bought a DC400T and it is absolutely amazing. Very good quality craftmanship and very good quality materials. Well worth the money you spend. Probably a lot less than for a model of well known brand with the same quality specifications. And the finish is to die for. The moment I saw this guitar I was in love. It has a really fast neck and has a lot of options concerning the pickups so you can get a lot of different sounds from the instrument. Very versatile. Personally I like the Carvin pickups, very powerful. I don't know if I'll change my mind after a while but they are a vast improvment over my previous gear. Well that's that. I vote Carvin.
I have some friends who play Carvin and they would not touch another guitar... I played a V220 model a couple of times and it felt great! The neck is much thicker (on a V220) than on a traditional Ibanez or Jackson.

Mike Philippov
Im getting a Carvin bolt kit ($389) next month (hopefully) with $230 worth of upgrades. That's less than $620 total (less shipping) and where are you going to get a superstrat like this for $600+?

My upgrades are humbucker in bridge, twinblades in middle and neck, black chrome hardware, sperzel locking tuners, stainless steel fret (yes!), and white pearloid pickguard. The body will also be texured matte black and the neck tung oiled.

Assemble it and jam!
Carvins are great guitars. Depending on what woods and electronics they are built with you can have a guitar that does everything.

If I changed anything it would be the pickups, carvin pickups aren't bad, but they aren't outstanding.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
I have had 2 carvins. My first was a dc400 I bought in 1993. Im a lefty and they will make any that way. It was a very good guitar playing my strat compared to it was a workout. I got rid of it as I got out of guitar for a while. Recently I bought a dc150. The prices seem to me to be about the same. Im not so happy with the new one. Maybe they dont make so many lefties, maybe I got a dud, maybe it was just an off day. Maybe I just know more about guitars now. The action was set way to high. I tried to lower it but the bridge would not go down into the routing on the body. I discovered they just didnt check and cut the lip of paint down. So now the bridge will go all the way down into the guitar. But when I did that the strings buzz alot. And when you get to the 18th fret the notes start to die. And you can hear the strings rattling against the last 2 frets. As it is a one piece guitar you cant change the angle of the neck. I tried to see what carvin would do for me but they didnt seem to interested. Didnt even bother to respond to 3 emails. After quite a bit of cursing and work I have got the action decent and playable. Maybe Im to picky but if I spend a grand on a guitar I expect to pull it out of the box and play it without any problems whatsoever. A 2 or 3 hundred dollar guitar well I expect problems. As for their pickups I cant complain, very bright compared to my other guitars. Would I recommend carvin after my experience no. But I guess its a sign of the times, quality control doesnt exist anymore just as customer service doesnt.
Sounds like it just needs a setup.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
It has been set up several times. And Im a bit of the opinion that expensive custom guitar should not need go to the shop first thing.
Quote by Tackleberry
I have had 2 carvins. My first was a dc400 I bought in 1993. Im a lefty and they will make any that way. It was a very good guitar playing my strat compared to it was a workout. I got rid of it as I got out of guitar for a while. Recently I bought a dc150. The prices seem to me to be about the same. Im not so happy with the new one. Maybe they dont make so many lefties, maybe I got a dud, maybe it was just an off day. Maybe I just know more about guitars now. The action was set way to high. I tried to lower it but the bridge would not go down into the routing on the body. I discovered they just didnt check and cut the lip of paint down. So now the bridge will go all the way down into the guitar. But when I did that the strings buzz alot. And when you get to the 18th fret the notes start to die. And you can hear the strings rattling against the last 2 frets. As it is a one piece guitar you cant change the angle of the neck. I tried to see what carvin would do for me but they didnt seem to interested. Didnt even bother to respond to 3 emails. After quite a bit of cursing and work I have got the action decent and playable. Maybe Im to picky but if I spend a grand on a guitar I expect to pull it out of the box and play it without any problems whatsoever. A 2 or 3 hundred dollar guitar well I expect problems. As for their pickups I cant complain, very bright compared to my other guitars. Would I recommend carvin after my experience no. But I guess its a sign of the times, quality control doesnt exist anymore just as customer service doesnt.

That is strange. I did find my carvin's action just a tad on the high side but it had no fret buzz. I lowered it a bit, now I have some fret buzz but it doesn't really affect my sound.

I found their customer service to be outstanding. I called them and went through the list of options and what I wanted, there was accidentally an error with 2 options that contradict, they called me back the next day and we got it sorted out. I really think you must have got a dud man.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
carvin has amazing quality, i plan on buying more in the distant future
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
I don't know if amps count but I have a Carvin amp and i've never been happier. Until I find a better amp i'm using this for life.

Anyways, If I didn't have my Universe I would have a Carvin. I plan on asking for a Bolt kit for Christmas. I just can't choose how I want to finish it.
to Tackleberry:

did you get it through the mail? god only knows what happened to it in the shipping process
Quote by pedaler466
Shreadhead22 had nothing helpful to say to me. He just immediatly started being a prick.

Quote by Yngwi3
Shredhead's advice is the best in the thread.

-Mesa Roadster
-Mesa 4x12
-'93 Gibby LP studio
-535q
-CE5/DD-220
-TS9dx
-EB volume
-Shure Wireless
Quote by jaggerbush320
I personally wouldn't buy one, but i guess that's besause I just heard of them yesterday, they seemed generic, I don't know, don't take my word for it.

If you just heard of Carvin yesterday, please dont chime in on why you wouldnt buy one. Obviously, you have no opinion.
They make incredible amps, guitars and pro audio equipment all for a reasonable price AND made in the USA.
Check them out www.carvin.com and get out from under the rock...