I've seen pedals like distortion, death metal distortion, grunge distion and **** like that. i dont know what to get though. right now i want it for system of a down, but other stuff like cky (when their tab book comes out) and breaking benjamin and **** like that. so whats like a good happy medium for a distortion for these bands?
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
I've seen pedals like distortion, death metal distortion, grunge distion and **** like that. i dont know what to get though. right now i want it for system of a down, but other stuff like cky (when their tab book comes out) and breaking benjamin and **** like that. so whats like a good happy medium for a distortion for these bands?

Less profanity and more grammar would help. What kind of amp do you have?
My Gear
Ibanez SR520EX with EMG 81/85 and boost
Peavey Valveking Head w/ Crate Blue Voodoo Cab
Peavey VB-2
Spector Euro 4
Boss NS-2
Boss TU-2
I like my DS-1, but it might not have enuff gain tho. maybe try a Big Muff or a Metal Muff.
I'd suggest selling your amp and getting a new one with the money you make off it and what you're going to spend on the pedal and get an amp that has the built in distortion that you want (Vox AD series or Roland Cubes should do the trick).

But if you're not willing to do that, maybe some kind of Muff pedal.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
i have no idea about the bands you listed, but my Boss Metal Zone is pretty nice and you can't go wrong with it if you want a good metal/rock sound
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by vIsIbleNoIsE
i have no idea about the bands you listed, but my Boss Metal Zone is pretty nice and you can't go wrong with it if you want a good metal/rock sound

It's alright takes forever to get a decent tone dialed in, but even so it isn't very productive, hair adjustments go miles on it....you should perhaps look into a Metal Muff type pedal, but that can be to much for such a small amp sometimes, so I would perhaps get a Roland Cube of some sort,

but for the money your welcome to look for the "EH-Metal Muff"
i checked out those roland cubes and it said this on musiciansfriend:
Powerful COSM amp-models include Acoustic, Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, Metal Stack, and Tube Drive. Onboard flanger, phaser, tremolo, chorus, reverb and delay.

does that mean i wouldn't have to buy a distortion, phaser, chorus pedal, etc.? it has that stuff built into it? if it does, thats freakin awsome.
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
i checked out those roland cubes and it said this on musiciansfriend:
Powerful COSM amp-models include Acoustic, Overdrive, Distortion, Metal, Metal Stack, and Tube Drive. Onboard flanger, phaser, tremolo, chorus, reverb and delay.

does that mean i wouldn't have to buy a distortion, phaser, chorus pedal, etc.? it has that stuff built into it? if it does, thats freakin awsome.

well it basically has everything but overdrive and Distortion, it mainly has the old school styles so you would want to invest in some sort of outer pedal effect least from my experiences
and about how much could i get for the amp i've got now? $50? or is that too much?
Listen to CKY.
oh, so like i wouldn't have to buy like a phaser or chorus pedal though right? sorry, i just don't understand this stuff, i only just recently started looking into this stuff.
Listen to CKY.
the silver dragon is pretty good. its got overdrive and distortion, and a tube. i think it sounds really good on my peavey rage 158. or you could grab a multi effects thing for fun for now, like a johnson j station or korg ax1500 or something like that, all kinds of fun stuff to do with it too.
Quote by cky_rocks
oh, so like i wouldn't have to buy like a phaser or chorus pedal though right? sorry, i just don't understand this stuff, i only just recently started looking into this stuff.

Yes, it has all the effects built in as well as distortions for all types of music.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by cky_rocks

well places like Guitar Center will buy used gear from time to time

well the cube amps come with some built in effects you can use, but you can always use an outer effect pedal and use the clean channel or can even use it with one of the built in effects not so complex as it sounds

well depening on the Cube amp it will have those effects and more,

cube 60 runs about 310 to 345
and of course smaller wattage cubes cost little less
well i was thinking about the 20 or 30 because i'm asuming the higher the wattage, the louder it is and i only play by myself in my room so i don't need that much volume. is there a big difference between the two?
Listen to CKY.
Quote by cky_rocks
well i was thinking about the 20 or 30 because i'm asuming the higher the wattage, the louder it is and i only play by myself in my room so i don't need that much volume. is there a big difference between the two?

well you don't have to crank the 60 very loud, it has a bigger speaker, which makes it nicer than the 20 and 30 for Metal just assume get the 60, it has more effects, and bigger speaker which does low sounds great, for few dollars more I bought it and I am fairly satisfied with it
im no expert, but its the best SS amp I have tried in the US
Quote by Blash
No offense, but good luck getting a decent distortion out of that. :/

i played one in a gig (not my amp) sounded good to me (might be the PA and stuff)

you need to try the pedals, they sound different with every amp