I just rented a house, and we got to keep anything we wanted, including a really old electric guitar. The owner is probably around 50 and says it was his first guitar, so it's probably from the 60s. It is hanging from the ceiling as decoration, so I can't get a good look at it.

It looks like a Fender, but I can't see the Fender logo on the head and the head is bigger than modern fenders. It is red and has gold hardware.
I'll try to get a picture of it as soon as possible, but if you think you know what it is please post a picture.
Well, Fender guitars did get a larger headstock during the 60s (look at pics of Hendrix from Woodstock), but the lack of logo is odd........what's the general shape of it? Strat, Tele, Jazzmaster?
About half of the 60's Japanese import guitars had a Fender type peghead. You will need to post a picture, and even then identifying it will be tough. There are some web sites that actually deal exclusively with these old import guitars. I would do a web search. Type in 60's Japanese import electric guitars.
Quote by hardcoredarrell
This it??? If not im stumped

No, teles have one of the smallest headstocks in the fender family, i say its a 60's strat
Quote by FenderStRaT RS
No, teles have one of the smallest headstocks in the fender family, i say its a 60's strat

oh okay, I'm no expert was worth a shot though