How should I go about that? I think it'd be awesome to have long hair, e.g. metal hair length.

Those of you have long hair and had to persuade your parents to let you grow it out, how'd you go about doing that?
I think the fastest way for getting long hair is to not cut it. This technique worked for me.
you say listen, im growing my hair out, deal with it, if you try cutting my hair i will cut yours
Well, what did your parents hair look like when they were your age?

That's my excuse: I have really curly hair, so if I grow it out, I have really long bands and it goes out everywhere, and whenever they say I have to cut it, I just remind them that my dad had basically a jullet (a jew-mullet) back in the day.

It was the 70s. He was a BeeGees fan.
The.
say the people at UG ordered you to do it... thei'll understand it has to be done
Girl prefer short hair. Think about that. Ever since I started keeping my hair shorter, I've got more attention from the ladies
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
When I was younger and had to persuade my folks to let me grow my hair I made a deal: I said I would grow my hair out, but I would keep it clean and presentable. That means, tying it back when it's appropriate, keeping it brushed (so much better for long hair than combs), and conditioning it. When you only shampoo long hair it looks fried and thus dirtier. I know, i knnow...conditioning your hair isn't very metal, but it can prevent excess daily hair loss (you lose a lot of hair each day, even when you're young), and will make it look in such a way that your folks will think you're serious about taking care of your long hair.
Tell them they'll have to cut it in your sleep.

When they follow suit, cut theirs in their sleep. Guarantee they won't do it again.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Tehzekester
L2read, my parents will not let me. Go die in a fire.

The only way they can stop you is cut it while you sleep. For best results see my first post and lock your door at night. Then eat shit.
Quote by Tehzekester
How should I go about that? I think it'd be awesome to have long hair, e.g. metal hair length.

Those of you have long hair and had to persuade your parents to let you grow it out, how'd you go about doing that?

God,Ugers have the worst schools and the most conservative parents of the world!!!

If I want to grow my hair I just let it grow!!...And if my parents say they want me to have it buzz I just say "Really,don't be so greedy!What's the problem,just let it be,who even cares? " and they're like "OK.But I still think you should get it cut!"
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Quote by element4433
Girl prefer short hair. Think about that. Ever since I started keeping my hair shorter, I've got more attention from the ladies

If I look kvlt it won't matter anyway.
the first 4 times i tried to grow it out they'd force me to cut it or id get grounded which means they lock up my guitar so id have to cut it,but now they dont care they just want me to straighten it and i need to cause its puffy
Quote by skeptopotamus
When I was younger and had to persuade my folks to let me grow my hair I made a deal: I said I would grow my hair out, but I would keep it clean and presentable. That means, tying it back when it's appropriate, keeping it brushed (so much better for long hair than combs), and conditioning it. When you only shampoo long hair it looks fried and thus dirtier. I know, i knnow...conditioning your hair isn't very metal, but it can prevent excess daily hair loss (you lose a lot of hair each day, even when you're young), and will make it look in such a way that your folks will think you're serious about taking care of your long hair.

you are smart i like you
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
Dude its hair and if you grow it why do you have to get your parents ok... its not like you are running out getting a tattoo. Girls also dig long hair as well as short hair so if you want to grow it out i say go for it.
Don't grow it out...it's gross man

Quote by WinterMadness76
Just about anything that has the word "core" or "grind" in it is guaranteed to suck 100%. I think I could make better music if I held a pick between my asscheeks and strummed.

Quote by Chickenparts
WOOT!!!!!

ASSCORE!!!!!!!!
Convincing my parents to left me grow my hair out

Can you grow your hair IN??
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Quote by skeptopotamus

Thats what I did but then summer ended and I had to cut my hair for the new year in school (private school, the nun follows you around giving you demerits till you cut it) now Im trying to let it grow but till it does I have an emo look lol
Quote by skeptopotamus

+1

When I first started growing my hair out, my mom said as long as I took care of it, washed it frequently, and made sure it didn't look like crap, they'd let me grow it out. Plus, if you grow it out and don't take good care of it, it looks like ****, and no one likes a guy with **** for hair.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
pfft just grow it, or go to a stylist with your parents not a barber, and the stylist will choose something that goes with your face, and will probably convince your parents since he/she is a pro with hair:P

[/long ass run-on
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by element4433

not the hot emo chicks!
I actually do have schizophrenia, so stop making fun of people who have it.

GEAR:
Boss ME-50
Silvertone Paul Stanley Apocalypse (modded)
Squier Affinity Strat (modded)
Italia Modulo 2
Fender Front 15G
Quote by element4433

Actually, every one of my lady friends say that if i cut my hair, they'll cry, get and angry, and then kill me, so i think they like my long hair :/

Just talk to your parents, and if they don't accept it, scream "DO YOU WANT ME TO HEADBUTT YOU IN THE THROAT?!"

Then scream "THIS....IS..."A "-Fine!!! Fine!!! You can grow it out long! JUST DONT KICK US DOWN A HOLE!!!!"
Quote by heavyairship
dying hurts

empty sig
Quote by element4433

From what kind though? Preps? No win there

if I cut my hair my girlfriend would kill me

and I didn't have to convince my parents they let me do what I want with myself
Quote by Tehzekester

First off, why would you have to persuade your parents? Its your hair and your appearance, that means YOU have to deal with it. Not your parents.

My advice would be to try and comprimise. Keep it neat and in check, and don't do it if you look bad with it. If you got this big clump of messy hair then your parents are just gonna make you cut it.
I was living a lie, now I'm dying to know the truth...
Quote by element4433

Well, ever since I have had it long I have had more attention, so that doesn't work. Only asians girls like it short, every asian I have ever met anyway.

All I just said was "no" when they said I should get it cut.

Quote by Musical Meds
First off, why would you have to persuade your parents? Its your hair and your appearance, that means YOU have to deal with it. Not your parents.

Oh, come on, it isn't like the family isn't like some totalitarian regime, especially when you are young. You almost can't have your own hair, and appearance until you are like at least over 16/17.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Last edited by SavageNights at Sep 6, 2007,
Grow it out whether they like it or not. If they cut it while you're sleeping or something, cut your moms.

Growing my hair out has been a cool experience, now that's it at a pretty long length, I'm trying to decide when I'm gonna end the growing.
Just say Jesus had long hair and see what they say. And if that doesn't work I agree
with skeptopotamus cause my parents said keep it clean.
Quote by element4433

+1. Honestly, I had long hair for two years and I thought it was the coolest looking **** ever, but I got minimal action. One day about 5 months ago or so, I decided I just didn't like it anymore and I got it cut. Within that week, I got more action than I ever did with long hair. After cutting it, every girl, and I mean EVERY one, made the comment, "Oh finally you cut your hair. Long hair doesn't look very good. Are you gonna keep it short now?" I'm with you butddy.

Quote by Tehzekester
If I look kvlt it won't matter anyway.

Cause everyone knows that chicks dig "kvlt" guys.

Nothing appeals more to the ladies!
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join