I recently learned and was horrified to find out that my tongue, is not really divided into sections that taste different things.

We were all taught it; the front is sweet, the sides are salty, and the back is sour.

Well this is simply not true, you can go to any real science site and find that this is a common myth, yet they continue to teach it to kindergarteners all over the country.

This is just one site : http://www.livescien ce.com/health/060829_bad_tongue.html

but ya, this upset me..
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
well that sucks.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
THAT IS THE MOST HORRIFYING THING I HAVE EVER HEARD OF ON THESE BOARDS, EVER.

But seriously, that is kind of weird that it hasn't been popularly debunked by now.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Who cares??You have a tongue,don't you??Who cares about the rest??

And if you've really read that you're a very,very strange person!!
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
the lies!!! make them stop!!!
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
There are bigger things that they haven't told you. Like, you hear about the Holocaust yearly, (as you should) but in reality, Stalin killed, i think, about 2 million more people than Hitler killed in camps when Stalin starved his people.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by JC13
I now question everything in life .

But really, I figured it was crap seeing as warheads are as sour on the left as my tongue, then they are anywhere else.

Warheads >>> Science.
Fact.
Quote by cashewchaching
There are bigger things that they haven't told you. Like, you hear about the Holocaust yearly, (as you should) but in reality, Stalin killed, i think, about 2 million more people than Hitler killed in camps when Stalin starved his people.

So Hitler's really not THAT bad, right?
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.
Quote by Vin2254
um, i really never heard that before.

Come on?? Everyones heard that...

OH... and also another myth that everyone is heard is that no two snow flakes are alike.

Well simply not true either .

I'll give you the shortened version but here is the link http://www.sfu.ca/~science/media/snowflakes.html

Basically it depends in the context you are talking about being alike.

If you are talking structurally, then there are many snow flakes that are exactly alike,
However if you are talking on the molecular level, then of course there are no two snow flakes that are the same, but also there are no two of anything that are the same on the molecular level....
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
school is like that man... I stick to one saying that Einstein himself said. And he didn't even go to school. He said "Don't let teaching interfere with your education" and for those of you who cant understand. it means that you cant fully relly on the school to teach you everything, you have to just learn soemthings on your own, wether it be lessons about life, or just some simple math problem.
♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪♫♪♪

Quote by Rune Playaz
I vote thycrusader for 'The guy who hit the nail on the head'

Quote by Emilyyy.
thycrusader = Thigh_Crusader
ya but the snow flakes one... everyones heard that...

I also once heard (Maybe it was mythbusters) that benjamin franklin really never did the electricity test with the kite and key. They said it would have killed him (And it makes since, he was holding on to a metal key during a thunder storm) but i dunno, you would have thought they would have really stopped teaching that one if its not true...
Quote by iantheman
Quote by cashewchaching

I learned that in seventh grade social studies.
So does anyone have anything else they were taught but have found to be false?
Quote by iantheman
Quote by JC13
I now question everything in life .

But really, I figured it was crap seeing as warheads are as sour on the left as my tongue, then they are anywhere else.

oh my god i haven't had a warhead in so long...ugh, there so good. i'd pay 5 bucks for a lemon one...
Member #14 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club.

My Gear:
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Epiphone G-400
Fender Precision Bass
Ibanez Exotic Wood Acoustic
Crate BX-15
Crate Palomino V16
Proco Rat 2
Dunlop 353q Crybaby
stop complaing,and eat your food fatty
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
yea one of my teachers taught me that algebra is useful in life

IT ISNT

all those minutes doing all that hard work... wasted...
Myspace.com/_dylan__

Orginally posted by Master

Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
Quote by Frobot!
Warheads >>> Science.
Fact.
Your...avatar...?
yoh i was taught that the back was bitter/salty and the sides were sour
I'll believe in anything and you'll believe in anything.
last.fm