I just got this Maxon OD808 from ebay. When I got a chance to use I tried it with my 5150 II as a booster. It did not seem to get the sound I was looking for. I was expecting more "umph" in my sound. So I went around looking for settings on line. I tried those and was supposed to be getting an "umphy" sound. So I figured "Maybe it was the amp!" So I plug it into my Pod XT and see if it gives different results on there. I compared it with the "screamer" stomp and it seemed really weak. The strat has a thin sound for metal but the "screamer" setting on the PodXT gave more of a boost than the Maxon. The Maxon did not provide as much as a boost as the "screamer" stomp on the PodXT. I used the same setting from the setting on the screamer as on my OD808. Also since my other guitar is in the shop. I had to use my crappy starter "strat".

Give it to me straight. Do I need to repair my baby?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II
Ibanez 25W "Tone Blaster"
Fender Starcaster (Not the vintage kind, the Wal-Mart Value kit kind"

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
Do you use a power adapter?

If not, change batteries, or maybe the input where you put the power adapter is broken, and then, yes, you're going to have to fix it.
Sent from my iPad.
Quote by paintITblack39
Do you use a power adapter?

If not, change batteries, or maybe the input where you put the power adapter is broken, and then, yes, you're going to have to fix it.

I do not use a power adapter. I will try changing the batteries. Where should I send it to get it fixed if that doesn't work?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II

If Dimebag22 was a pie, I would cover him with whipped cream and eat his insides...
^ if i were you i would get comfortable with a soldering iron, saves you tons. its like knowing how to setup and restring your guitars, saves tons. Thats what im working on now, getting comfortable with a soldering iron. The guys over at the gear customizing forum will help ya
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
Quote by ssguitar
^ if i were you i would get comfortable with a soldering iron, saves you tons. its like knowing how to setup and restring your guitars, saves tons. Thats what im working on now, getting comfortable with a soldering iron. The guys over at the gear customizing forum will help ya

The only problem is I don't know what is wrong with it. Does anyone have an idea where I should send the thing?
Gear:
Schecter C-1 BlackJack
Peavey 5150 II