I was thinking of saving up for some ibanez RG or a fender strat a while ago, but now I'm thinking about Carvin...

Would it be worth it to save up for a customized carvin (to my specs.)? I haven't had any experience with the company. Although the company has a good reputation, I need to actually play one for myself before saving up the cash--is there anyway I can play the thing before I buy it? Seems highly impossible, but I'm just wondering.

Thanks.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Psh just buy one you wuss .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
I would do it, if I were you. You can get a fully customized guitar, completely to your specifications, for about the same price as other generic guitars out there... I definitely want to get one someday... But only do it if you know exactly what you want.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Classic
Fender HM Strat
Mesa/Boogie 1987 Mark III
Peavey Classic Chorus 130
Boss GT-8
Robert Keeley TS9DX Flexi-4X2
My friend just got his. He let me play it, and now I'm saving up for one myself. They're worth every penny you spend.

Quote by Pat_s1t
I remember Das_Skittles made me rage hard.

Quote by WCPhils
I can't stand Das_Skittles everything he says makes me mad.

Quote by due 07
Skittles is the shit you cuntles. Slob on his knob.

My Band Youtube Channel Last.fm
Ahh, I see...

So I can pretty much choose the base of the model and just throw things on top of it?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jinskee
Ahh, I see...

So I can pretty much choose the base of the model and just throw things on top of it?

That's the name of the game, monkey boy .

Just make sure you get the fretboard radius, fret size, and neck finish that you prefer.
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Short of going to San Diego you will have to find someone that has one. Mine (was stolen) was the best guitar I ever owned. The only complaint I have heard is some don't like the pickups. I thought the pickups in mine were great (M22's.) Very powerful, punchy and super sustain. The resale value is ok but not near what it should be. A very overlooked quality axe.
I'm assuming you own a Carvin? ^

I'm just being careful--I want to make sure I like the feel of the guitar. :P

But as a custom guitar (I know it depends with what I want) but how much did your guys' custom cost?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Mine was a CM140 stereo. Black gloss finish. Single cut slab top. Wired stereo with dual to single coil and phase switches, ebony fingerboard, abalone inlays, hard tail. When it was stolen (I had it since about 1975) I went out and bought my Gibson SG Standard to console myself. The SG is great, but I should have bought another Carvin. Still might someday. Got my eye on a similar model Carvin.
hell yeah man!trust me the neck is awesome!a bit thicker then ibanez or maybe the same,but its very playable! search ebay a bit man you might find a super deal and may not have to wait 4 months to get your guitar!If you have the money to go for custom color and finish,etc. isay i guess its more worth it.I got this

exact one for 600 bucks BRAND NEW on ebay!(mint condition used)

http://instruments.search.ebay.com/carvin_Musical-Instruments_W0QQcatrefZC12QQfsooZ2QQfsopZ32QQsacatZ619QQsbrsrtZd

eyyy check this deal out man
http://cgi.ebay.com/CARVIN-DC127C-W-FLOYD-ROSE_W0QQitemZ130150722677QQihZ003QQcategoryZ41407QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

check if theres anything you like.
Last edited by TheIronTrooper at Sep 6, 2007,
Quote by Jinskee
I'm assuming you own a Carvin? ^

I'm just being careful--I want to make sure I like the feel of the guitar. :P

But as a custom guitar (I know it depends with what I want) but how much did your guys' custom cost?

When I graduate, I'm getting an AE185 that'll cost circa 1300
Quote by utsapp89
best guitars in my opinion
Carvin DC-135
PRS SE Soapbar II

Vox AD30VT

Electro-Harmonix Metal Muff
Zakk Wylde Dunlop Crybaby

Member #3 of the Carvin Club (PM MESAexplorer to join)
Aw dude! Been hearing only good things about them! Go for it!
Current Rig:

Ibanez GRG270dx
DOD 40watt amp (don't know the model)
Dunlop Crybaby (moded)

I know it's sad but it'll do for now.

Member of the Nasi Lemak Appreciation Club!
carvin's are great, not for everyone, but are still high quality. a trip to CA, perhaps LA, San Diego, or Sacramento would give you a chance to try a carvin out haha. There is always the 10 day trial period that the company offers.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce

Can't say no to a guitar like that!
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
i just got a california carved top guitar and its hands down the best guitar i have ever played...no questions asked when i made the purchase either
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
Just buy the Carvin dude, i got one and i loved it two years ago and i love it now.
Aww, me wants carvin now.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^ how come you have such an awesome range of guitars but not a decent amp??

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.