Page 1 of 2
i didnt know what thread to put this in, cuz i'm not quite sure what genre atreyu is. but anyways, i have recently gotten WAY into them, and i was wondering if there were any other bands related or similar to atreyu. i just love the screaming and mix of singing in their music and it would rule if i could find another band like them. thanks
as i lay dying are a good choice... and also... im getting in atreyu big time... new album is awesome
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
Depends on what album you're talking about. Their sound has changed so much from album to album.
bullet for my valentine are kinda the same...im into both of em...and they real good...good lead riffs and lots of harmonics and harmonies
Quote by Alex The Red

If it doesn't have to do with tube amps or sex most of us don't really care..

Quote by Kutanmoogle

Looks like Lars Ulrich decided to become a hacker.

Quote by aaron6890
penises FTW

not in the gay way

<.<
>.>

Lead Saisl Paper Anchor.. sound has changed but it still is awesome
The sex offenders register.. personally, i don't even think they should be in school.
eh, lead sails isnt their best...not by a longshot..... deathgrip is prolly the best, and the curse is pretty good too....they needed to not quit screaming. i just picked up the best of cd today and i have all of them on my ipod....but yeah i heard bullet was pretty good...
so who are you calling a fag?

edit: to guitarwannabe16 *reported* for flaming..if you dont like em, get out of the thread
eh, it just pisses me off when people do that...i was banned for flaming someone about a band they liked, so....
I was about to flame this, then I realized, Atreyu have about as much to do with hardcore as a bunny with a pancake on it's head...

No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
Last edited by STABxYOU at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by TheClincher
eh, it just pisses me off when people do that...i was banned for flaming someone about a band they liked, so....

why you reporting him for being honest?
if you like atreyu you might like blessthefall, old avenged sevenfold, as i lay dying, killswitch engage, all that remains, underoath, poison the well, this runs through, as cities burn etc.

not all the same style but all share some similarity
Last edited by tarp them at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by TheClincher
eh, lead sails isnt their best...not by a longshot..... deathgrip is prolly the best, and the curse is pretty good too....they needed to not quit screaming. i just picked up the best of cd today and i have all of them on my ipod....but yeah i heard bullet was pretty good...

deathgrip was terrible. simply terrible. not only was it atreyu's worst CD, but it was also the wost collection of tracks I've ever heard put to disc.

anyway... I liked the curse quite a bit. lead sails sounds promising. haven't heard much of it, though. I'm not a huge fan of the band, but I'm considering buying this cd. we'll see.

By the way, Falling down has a very similar sound to a couple songs on the new Used and My Chemical Romance CDs. I don't think that's a good thing. Listen to Wake the Dead, then listen to House of Wolves, then listen to Falling Down. Anyone else see the similarties, or am I just crazy?
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Poison the Well, I'd wager. And Every Time I Die's new stuff reminds me of it. God I hate them. :P
oh and I didn't even answer the thread starter's question.

try waking the fallen by avenged sevenfold.
Banging on a trash can
uhmm death by stereo maybe? that singer has this ''potatoe-ness'' in voice too hahaha if you know what I mean..
soymilk please <3
Quote by cherry_bomb
uhmm death by stereo maybe? that singer has this ''potatoe-ness'' in voice too hahaha if you know what I mean..

I have no idea what the hell you're talking about, but I agree that Death by Stereo is a kick ass band.
yea underoath or alexisonfire......or more on the metal side stuff like bullet for my valentine or a7x's earlier stuff.
Gotta love that unimaginative generic music.
Quote by lachyray
do you reckon straight edge people ever get temped to drink alcahole,
when really want to but they know they can't so they just dont?
Quote by nz_matt
Gotta love that unimaginative generic music.

Banging on a trash can
Hey man y u be so mean??? I sed I loved it!11ONE1
Quote by lachyray
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Says the Avenged Sevenfold fangirl.

YER S0 H4RRC0R3
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4
why does everyone hate on TDWP
they really are a good band if your a true hardcore fan
i guess people on ug are more into metalcore and punk hardcore....

lolwat
Quote by Spiritual_Cramp
Says the Avenged Sevenfold fangirl.

YER S0 H4RRC0R3

says the elitist asshole.

I used to insult people for listening to bands that suddenly became popular... then I turned 12. Grow up, good sir.

YER S0 much better than me because I listen to avenged sevenfold. rrrright.

By the way, I dunno if you were trying to make a joke by calling me a fangirl, but I am a 23 year old guy. My avatar is janis joplin.
Banging on a trash can
Last edited by BigFatSandwich at Sep 9, 2007,
Funny. I used to call people douchebags until I turned twelve. And I (never) used to call people "sir" to try and make myself seem more intelligent.

And I didn't say I was better than you. It's just that dissing someone for dissing Avenged Sevenfold/Atreyu/related bands by calling their music "unimaginative" and "generic" is pretty stupid.
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4

lolwat
Quote by Spiritual_Cramp
Funny. I used to call people douchebags until I turned twelve. And I (never) used to call people "sir" to try and make myself seem more intelligent.

And I didn't say I was better than you. It's just that dissing someone for dissing Avenged Sevenfold/Atreyu/related bands by calling their music "unimaginative" and "generic" is pretty stupid.

you were running around calling people douche bags at 10 and 11 years old? impressive. and I don't call people sir to make myself seem more intelligent. I call people sir because... well... that's what I do.

He thought the bands were generic and so he called them generic. I thought the guy was being a douche, so I called him a douche. How is responding to an opinion with another opinion stupid?
Banging on a trash can
Man can't you even tell when I'm obviously just stirring shit to annoy the little scene boys hahaha.

You're 23, surely you can realise that Atreyu is massively generic?
Quote by lachyray
Quote by nz_matt
Man can't you even tell when I'm obviously just stirring shit to annoy the little scene boys hahaha.

You're 23, surely you can realise that Atreyu is massively generic?

yes I could tell you were trying to stir ****... that's why I called you a douche.

I liked the curse when it was released almost 4 years ago. Nowadays I like it for the same reason I still like that second limp bizkit CD that came out like, what... 8 or 9 years ago? nostalgia. (yeah, I said limp bizkit... and I refuse to believe anyone who says they don't have any guilty pleasure CDs that they listen to every now and then) I thought atreyu's next CD was horrible. I heard a couple songs off their new cd and got interested. I judge artists on a song by song and CD by CD basis. Is that wrong?

honestly, though, I think atreyu is one of those bands that people hate just because they have a lot of annoying fans.... like greenday, fall out boy, and afi.
Banging on a trash can
I'd say it's because they play ****ty, unoriginal, GENERIC music.

But ZOMG itz my opinion.
Quote by tyl3risan1nj4

lolwat
I hate them cos they're shit. The annoying fans just make them worse.
Quote by lachyray
I'll be honest with you: I dislike Atreyu, but that is because their music bores me.
This thread started in such a promising way, then the flaming came in. I don't like Atreyu, in fact I do find them boring and unoriginal, but I don't feel the need to flame the people that do .
There is poetry in despair.
Quote by kaktusnpoop
half of these kids posting in here ive never seen in the hardcore forum before

where the hell did they come from?!

Either the Metal Forum, where they were raped harder

Or the Pit, because that one is full of retards.
Quote by kaktusnpoop

Well, Im new in general. I thought it was cool that there is a forum dedicated to the type of music I love. They talk about Converge in here! :P
Quote by BigFatSandwich
says the elitist asshole.

I used to insult people for listening to bands that suddenly became popular... then I turned 12. Grow up, good sir.

We don't insult people because they are popular, we just think they are aweful, which they are.

Quote by kaktusnpoop

Yeah I was wondering that too.
Quote by kaktusnpoop

Theres an entire class of lurking noobs who never come out until there's an a7x, Atreyu thread, mostly I think cause they dont know anything else
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by Girvo
Well, Im new in general. I thought it was cool that there is a forum dedicated to the type of music I love. They talk about Converge in here! :P

word yo, new peeps are welcome just say hey and what up, dont be shy!

that goes for everyone
Page 1 of 2