so i'm learning to play the Aces High Solo. and Dave Murray's solo goes 8p7p0 7p5p0, now when i pick the 8th and pull to the 7th and then 0 and continue to the 7 and so on. Picking it the frist notes of both sort of sounds like iam stopping. I wanted to know can u just pick the 8 and continue both pull offf non stop? Cause on the record I think dave Murray is picks the first notes and goes fast by pulling off. even though it is harder but it can sound smoother and fast. my question is can u even do this?
LOL
yeah, you're supposed to pull off from 8 to 7 and then to 0 with only one stroke. legato sliding sounds exactly the same but it would probably be more effective to pull off instead.
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Last edited by mazohysthoney at Sep 6, 2007,
nah thats not what i meant... i mean can u go from picking the 8th and then pull off to the 7th then 0 but continue to pull off to the 7P5P0 without striking the 7th again
LOL
you could prolly hammer on the 7th i suppose then pull off 5 then 0. for me personally when it comes to trying to hammer on tho after pulling off to 0, the sound seems a bit quieter, but if thats what your wanting then i see no reason you couldnt do that.
well technically you cannnn, but the 7p5p0 probably wouldn't even be audible lol. it's meant to be 8p7p0 in one stroke, then 7p5p0 in another stroke. you just have to practice pulling off alot to get good at it and do it quick.

I hope that helps atleast a little bit
Quote by Useful_Idiot16
Haha, this is great. He had $1000, and got a spider. That salesman deserves a god damn medal.

Gear:
Guitars
ESP LTD Viper 400
Silvertone SS11 strat copy (possibly modding in future)
Alvarez AD70S acoustic

Amp
Roland Cube 60
Quote by mazohysthoney
well technically you cannnn, but the 7p5p0 probably wouldn't even be audible lol. it's meant to be 8p7p0 in one stroke, then 7p5p0 in another stroke. you just have to practice pulling off alot to get good at it and do it quick.

I hope that helps atleast a little bit

yeah i know that, well yeah i guess it calls for more practice! thanks guys. wanted to see if i could do both sections with one stroke, but yeah the second one wouldn't even be loud enough
LOL