Page 1 of 2
Dont you think that ppl get a little too obsessed with the beatles? i mean they were great 4 there time but now theyre kinda simple. dont you agree that theres better bands now?
I hate my sig
You're obsessed with the Beatles!
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
simplicity isn't always a bad thing and alot of the bands around today wouldn't be the same if not for the beatles
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
influential?

i dont like em though
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
its just that, ppl from that time r kinda obbsessed and wont give new music a chance
I hate my sig
They were innovaters in music all around, especially in producing music
they were all amazing songwriters, some of the best

I do think they are blown up a bit
but they deserve alot of the credit they get

i do notice theyre pretty simple but that, IMO, does not make them overrated or bad musically.
...Nothing you've ever...
...Planned on ever turned out...
...The way you planned...

...You're still disappointing them...
Simpler songs=/= bad songs just as technical songs=/=good songs. Just because some bands can play a lot better than any of the members of the Beatles doesn't make their stuff any better. Honestly, what song will be more timeless, Hey Jude or Through the Fire and Flames. I dig modern stuff, but IMO (key phrase), no one band has changed music as much or created as much amazing music.
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
i do find people that say there is no good music out today annoying but there's nothing wrong with listening to and appreciating older music
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

The beatles pioneered alot of producing tricks that people se today.

and people if you're the reatest, then you cant be overrated.
Quote by powerstroke
Simpler songs=/= bad songs just as technical songs=/=good songs. Just because some bands can play a lot better than any of the members of the Beatles doesn't make their stuff any better. Honestly, what song will be more timeless, Hey Jude or Through the Fire and Flames. I dig modern stuff, but IMO (key phrase), no one band has changed music as much or created as much amazing music.

no im not like a metalhead.... i mean composition and everything....i like that beatles and all....
I hate my sig
Quote by QuantumMechanix
no im not like a metalhead.... i mean composition and everything....i like that beatles and all....
and what's wrong with being a metalhead?
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

I think the Beatles were very smart and creative, howver i consider their early stuff to be way overhyped and pretty much, pop music. I think Pink Floyd was the band way back when that really deserves credit for being original andreally helping make the rock we have today.
"Tuning... who the f*** needs tuning?!"
I think they were really innovative, but never really got into them.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by DaDude450
I think the Beatles were very smart and creative, howver i consider their early stuff to be way overhyped and pretty much, pop music. I think Pink Floyd was the band way back when that really deserves credit for being original andreally helping make the rock we have today.

from revolver on, IMO no band was more innovative than the beatles.
I was just listening to Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds. They're in their own league, just like every other band. I like em but people do obsess over them.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I love The Beatles.....I also love Necrophagist.....Good music is good music to me, simple or complex......
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
I think they are appreciated more for songwriting, breaking barriers and the like...not so much their technical skills.

That said though, I can't tell you how many times I have seen guitarists rape Blackbird when trying to play it so...
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
I think they are a tad sensationalized. Sure, they contributed a lot, but they aren't gods.
Im sorry but i have to dissagree with you, The Beatles are one of those bands that will just be there for a long time, No one forgot Motzart
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
The Beatles were incredibly talented, but what annoys me is that people adore the Beatles FOR ALL THE WRONG REASONS!

I admire the ingenious use of modulation in Something. I'm impressed by the use of traditional Indian instrumentation and musical style in Within You Without You. I love the result of John Lennon taking Moonlight Sonata and playing it backwards to create Because.

But you know what? 90% of Beatles fans adore the band for nothing more than their pop hooks, nostalgia, and/or the "coolness factor". I know it shouldn't affect me, but it sickened me when my friends unanimously agreed that the Beatles were the best band ever (granted, the only bands they had to compare the Beatles to were the Killers and Nickelback...).

So...yeah. The Beatles were phenomenally talented, but their legacy lives on in all the wrong ways.
Quote by QuantumMechanix
Dont you think that ppl get a little too obsessed with the beatles? i mean they were great 4 there time but now theyre kinda simple. dont you agree that theres better bands now?
Now they're simple? Music hasn't gotten incredibley complex over the last 40 years. It's not as if mainstream modern music has reached a compositional craftsmanship found in the western composers like Bach, Brahms and Beethoven.
Personally, I hate the beatles. i mean i respect them and all, but I just cannot stand their music at all.
Quote by someguitarguy88
Dodging? Pansy. We don't dodge where i come from.

As for the pain factor, just get used to the pain. Punch various objects such as walls, trees, floors, your mother, rocks, table etc. Just generally anything hard.
Quote by The Madcap
Now they're simple? Music hasn't gotten incredibley complex over the last 40 years. It's not as if mainstream modern music has reached a compositional craftsmanship found in the western composers like Bach, Brahms and Beethoven.

I didnt say mainstream, i said music. and yes music has advanced in the last 40 yrs. nothing against the Beatles. there a great band. theres just alot of other great bands.
I hate my sig
They did a lot when it came to recording and layers etc.
They were real innovators in that field.

I love Strawberry Fields Forever for the way it was recorded.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
I thought there were better bands playing when the Beatles were playing. Never cared for most of their stuff.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Paul Macartni (SP?) is a great musician, look what he's doing now, he can play ALOT of instruments with great skill. No one can doubt that.

Having said that, I'm not a big fan of The Beatles, I dislike them really, but I appreciate what they have done for music. So nuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

i just dont like them much becuase they followed around what ever music was cool to play but they are still musical genious' and their solo careers were all amazing
Quote by Sylosis
Hell Yeah

+1
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
They do have some AMAZING songs, some of the stuff thats less known to the majority of the public, is IMO, some of their best work.

That said, I don't love them or hate them.
Page 1 of 2