I want a new electric guitar... maybe somethin acoustic-ey like the taylor t5... a fender stratocaster... maybe the new VG model... a gibson les paul or SG... what are you guys opinions on these...
What music do you play.

What amp do you have.

What guitars do you have.

What is your price range.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
THe basic questions have to be answered:
1)How much u willing to spend?
2)What music do u like?
3)Do u even own any gear?
yeah..the price gap between a fender strat and a gibson LP is very large so you might wanna give us the basics, including how long you've been playing, what style, and what the other people above me have said.
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
I play in a church band but i also play with my friends on the weekends.. I have a 25w ibanez acoustic amp and an ibanez tone blaster 55w amp.. i would like to get a new amp for heavier things to play with my friends but that can also accomodate mellow tones for church.. And i own an ibanez acoustic-eletric.. and a Gretsch hollow body electric guitar... i would spend up to 500 on an amp and i want the most versatile guitar for the money so assume that money is no problem....
I envy you, but for heavier things a les paul standard would be good but a strat would be great for versatility n never get the VG strat,its not worth the cash..............Amps,eh, a good tube amp would suit u
if money isn't a problem i'd suggest a Gibson LP for versatility, but amps are more important for sound, but i prefer to definatly try out the amps at your local chain store like Guitar center. Try and look for a good tube amp, they're usually very versatile with great warm cleans and naturally pretty good distortion
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by electricsnake
if money isn't a problem i'd suggest a Gibson LP for versatility, but amps are more important for sound, but i prefer to definatly try out the amps at your local chain store like Guitar center. Try and look for a good tube amp, they're usually very versatile with great warm cleans and naturally pretty good distortion

Gibson LPs can be really heavy though............. so get a good strap n make sure u do not stand around too much with it........... u may get a stroke.......
Quote by just17n8
you still havent responded what music style you play

i play contemporary christian in a praise band... i lead the music in church and i play rock with my friends
Sgs are nice for versatility, fast neck and gettting the most out of all your frets
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
my vote goes for the strat.... christian rock its very high tones... you should be fine with that.....

EDIT: shame on me... im a gibson guy...