we have all seen trailers for movies.

a few of them stand out.

you watch them and think, "wow. that looks like it will be good. i should go see it."

then you go see it.

then it sucks.

sometimes, the trailer makes a better movie then the movie itself. i think this one is the king of disappointment: http://youtube.com/watch?v=F0On9Hf7Quc

post your favorite theatrical failures.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Wii Is For Queers! Co-Founder Of The "We Hate Wii" Club
Return to a Condition of Being...<-Band. Add plz!
Spider-Man 3...

SO MANY MONTHS WAITING!!! FOR THIS SH*T!
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
superbad looked 10x better in trailers, but still pwned
i thought superbad looked lame, but it was really funny. the cops made that movie!

+1 for Spiderman 3. not like the other 2 were so great, but 3 was a real let down.
Quote by Article
She pulled off his left testicle and tried to swallow it, before spitting it out. A friend handed it back to Mr Jones saying "That's yours"

Quote by PaperStSoapCo
i thought superbad looked lame, but it was really funny. the cops made that movie!

+1 for Spiderman 3. not like the other 2 were so great, but 3 was a real let down.

Eh they were decent enough, I liked 'em. It's just that SM3 was so corny. The entire "emo" thing, the dancing and the fact that they kill of Venom.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
The Village
Trailer is teh secks. Movie is teh sucks.

Though I liked it. Even though it sucked, I liked that movie. Does that make me a weirdo ?
Why can´t I just not like it like everyone else?
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Minkaro
+1 on 300.

I downloaded that Nine Inch Nails song almost straight after hearing it

300 was still damn good. i was just a little disappointed that the NIN song wasnt in the movie.
Quote by Article

man of the year...

i hate when they put all the good parts in the preview just to make it seem good. its really irritating.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Quote by x_thurston_x
man of the year...

i hate when they put all the good parts in the preview just to make it seem good. its really irritating.

The whole "Robin Williams" part should have been a dead giveaway that it was going to suck.
i think a better thread would be what movie lived up to its trailer, cause there arnt many of those
Quote by GrungePb
i think a better thread would be what movie lived up to its trailer, cause there arnt many of those

you might be right, but i think people would get a better laugh out of this one
Quote by Article

Quote by JC13
Superman was definitely one, same with spiderman 3.. BUT

THE BIGGEST ONE OF ALL... The exorcism of emily rose. The trailers were scary as fuck, but the movie was just funny..

+1

The commercials were pretty bad. I mean, I would nearly hide when they came on, and then I saw the movie, and I was like, "Huh....pretty cool, I guess."

A few of my friends got kicked out of the theater for laughing obnoxiously loud when they saw it, though.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
The exorcism of emily rose previews were misleading. the movie played out more like a court room drama. but i still think it was a little freaky and not a bad movie.
Quote by Article

Quote by xFeatherx
Jarhead

Yeah, the Jarhead trailer made it out to be a balls out proper lets-kill-the-towel-heads movie, but then I saw it, I liked it, but the only time that dude fired his rifle was in training and at the end.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Talladega Nights...hilarious trailer, laughed for so long after seeing it, but the full movie wasn't as funny as i expected. It was still a good movie though