Boss CS-2 maybe? I used to use it as a boost and it gave me good sustain. Lots of feedback and hum from it though.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
How long's your sustain?
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by strq010
get a gibson

Wow, that was helpful.

TS - try these things:

Lower your pickups. If the pickups are too close to the strings, they can reduce sustain.

Raise action. Especially useful in increasing sustain when bending notes.

More gain. If you have low gain, this can really help, but it does mean changing your sound. I sometimes kick in my Tubescreamer just for holding a note or pushing into feedback and holding it.

A sustainer pedal. Flattens out the signal from your guitar, causing less of the subtle nuances of your playing to come through, but increases sustain quite abit.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
a single note rings for like less thann 10 secs =/
ill try lowering hte pickups n c how that works out
before you go changing pickup hight [which can change other things than sustain] why don't you try using compression, i don't know if its on your amp, but you can probably buy it separate for pretty cheap.
Quote by CL/\SH

Quote by sanitarium1
...for the gigs im going to be playing its going to be 60% tone and 40% stage look, and I'd like the look of my rig to be able to back up its sound.

No.
No.
NO.
GOD DAMMIT NO.
10 Seconds isn't really that short.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
Ignore, double post....delayed double post. Stupid wireless connection.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by strq010
get a gibson

Gibson sucks.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by meanppls7
i have an rg350dx
is there any way 2 have more sustain on it?

Vibrato. The main problem with people's lack of sustain is that they don't have good vibrato technique. It also helps if you've got a good amp turned up loud.

More to the point though 10 seconds would be loads of sustain. Really good sustain can be found in "For the Love of God" by Steve Vai; the main theme has a lot of sustained notes and he keeps them going through expert use of very subtle vibrato.

Compression is an effect that effectively makes the quite parts of your playing louder and the loud parts of your playing quiter so the whole of your playing is more dynamically constant (it's all the same volume), it helps with sustain because it makes the note that's getting quieter as it trails off louder so you can hear it for much longer, however I think that this is just an excuse to make up for bad technique, you should work on getting your playing technique reliable and you vibrato steady so you can sustain for a long time without compression, then if you want more sustain after that add it in.

Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Gibson sucks.

Both you and the person you were quoting are idiots, his RG has more than enough sustain for anyones needs, he just needs to know how to tap into the potential and Gibsons don't suck; you just don't like them.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Last edited by Zaphod_Beeblebr at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by Kurapica
Wow, that was helpful.

TS - try these things:

Lower your pickups. If the pickups are too close to the strings, they can reduce sustain.

Raise action. Especially useful in increasing sustain when bending notes.

More gain. If you have low gain, this can really help, but it does mean changing your sound. I sometimes kick in my Tubescreamer just for holding a note or pushing into feedback and holding it.

A sustainer pedal. Flattens out the signal from your guitar, causing less of the subtle nuances of your playing to come through, but increases sustain quite abit.

Agreed.

Also, a little feedback can go a long way
Buddy Guy often uses the technique of using feedback and some great vibrato to make the note sustain for aages! I heard 40 seconds once, I think.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by suckasucks
^didnt vai use a sustainer on that song?

No, he recorded it on a standard JEM through a Bogner amp, he didn't get the sustainer until later as far as I know.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.