I got M-powered 7.3 on my PC now and i cant access the Keyboard shortcuts and alot of other stuff for some reason. Anyone ever have this problem too?? It's really annoying cuz i really dont know what i'm doing on there yet and i'm not gonna mess around for hours trying to figure out shortcuts.
you mean you do shortcuts (eg. shift+apple/ctrl+N) and it doesn't take you to the New tracks Window? ?

I've never had that problem... Maybe its an M-Powered thing.. but that still sounds weird.

Try re intsalling or something?
MBOX2 - PRO TOOLS LE 7.3.1 - CUBASE SX3 - REASON 4
ATTACK_DECAY_SUSTAIN_RELEASE_
I'd second trying a re-install. And make sure you have Commands Focus on to access more shortcuts and commands. Since you're on a PC these are a few of the most common commands you can try:

F1-F10 lets you toggle between the editing modes and various tools
Ctrl-E cuts the file where the marker is placed
Alt-D creates a fade-in from the start of the file to the marker
Alt-G does the same thing but a fade-out
Ctrl-T trims a region around a marked section
Ctrl-Alt-+/- adjusts the value of the grid
Ctrl-Win-Alt-click activates automation for a given parameter

Depending on what style you've chosen you can use the numerical pad for different things (I prefer the transport mode).
Quote by ebon00
I'd second trying a re-install. And make sure you have Commands Focus on to access more shortcuts and commands. Since you're on a PC these are a few of the most common commands you can try:

F1-F10 lets you toggle between the editing modes and various tools
Ctrl-E cuts the file where the marker is placed
Alt-D creates a fade-in from the start of the file to the marker
Alt-G does the same thing but a fade-out
Ctrl-T trims a region around a marked section
Ctrl-Alt-+/- adjusts the value of the grid
Ctrl-Win-Alt-click activates automation for a given parameter

Depending on what style you've chosen you can use the numerical pad for different things (I prefer the transport mode).

ebon00 do you know how to make the Pro Tools window 'follow along' while in playback?
^ it's under the options menu. Unfortunately I can't get my stuff out right now, but I believe you should have a menus guide under start > digidesign > documentation.
there is a button in pro tools that stops you using shortcuts. it look like this [a...z]
just click that and they should be accessible. follow that link up there for a list hey.
Yeah, i didnt make this very clear, sorry:

My problem is, alot of my Pro Tools features arent accessible within Pro Tools. I posted this a while ago and i've found the PDF files on shortcuts and all that since then, but idk why i still cant access them in Pro Tools.... Meaning: I click "Help" and everything under it is Greyed out, meaning i cant click them.

I kinda got past all this stuff now though. But now my main question is, has anyone ever had trouble with playback??? My laptop handles Reason 4.0 PERFECTLY with no problems whatsoever, no matter the track amount or complexity, But in Pro Tools it can barely keep up with the CLICK TRACK without having problems. I only have one Playback buffer size(256), i have it set to use "2 Processors" at "90%", and the DAE playback is at "Default 2". Can anyone help me with this??? I've posted this numerously on many forums and everyone ignores it. To get it to play smoother do i need something higher than 256 samples? If so, is it Hardware/interface related or related to my laptop??? Please help me guys. I am mixing my friends' album here soon and i need things running smoothly.
at the moment I'm not even meeting minimum system requirements
(I only have 512mb ram and need like 896mb) and so I've got my set buffer at 2048,
with 1 processor at like 50% and my DAE buffer is at 1.

those get me by but only just.

I'm on my way to getting 2gb of ram so it should fix it soon.

yeah I have the greyed out Help section in my PT LE as well.
Quote by My_World_Ablaze
But now my main question is, has anyone ever had trouble with playback??? My laptop handles Reason 4.0 PERFECTLY with no problems whatsoever, no matter the track amount or complexity, But in Pro Tools it can barely keep up with the CLICK TRACK without having problems.

This sounds driver related to me. Are you running an OS that is supported by Digidesign and have you downloaded the latest drivers?
Quote by ebon00
This sounds driver related to me. Are you running an OS that is supported by Digidesign and have you downloaded the latest drivers?

My OS is supported by Digidesign, but I dont remember having to even install any drivers to be honest. From what i remember i just installed the program and all the other junk with it, but dont remember anything about new drivers other than my Mobile-Pre driver for my interface.
Nope, that sounds about right.

Most computers will have significant playback problems, because pro tools needs such a high system to operate on.

You are recommended by Digidesign to record to a separate hard drive (must be internal, a partition isn't going to help), and have a very good processor.

A bit extra RAM isn't going to do too much for you, the emphasis here is a decent hard drive, and a fast processor.

if you check out tweakheadz guides (link in moody's sig) there's a lot of information about optimising your PC DAW, which does make a big difference.
I have a 1.8ghz processor in my laptop.
I haven't really heard that this is too slow for PTLE7, but I still don't know.
When I look at the system usage (in PT) it's just the drive thats almost peaking
on playback.

it says that the CPU usage is in the minimum.

that to me says that I should be fine (once I get more ram and a better drive)
but what do you think?

Yeah, it's the additional drive that speeds it up. The original drive runs every other process, and this other drive just concentrates on pro tools.

You may need to keep the hw buffer size low for recording, and raise it for playback and mixing.
k yeah, i un-installed and re-installed Pro Tools M-P 7 and now it's really messed up. At the start-up it has a big "PNG" as the backround image and it wont even let me open up a new session, it says: "Could not create a new document because insufficiant system resources exhist to complete the requested service. (1450)".

Wtf. I'm about fed up with this M-Powered b-sh1t and switching to LE or something, cuz my friend has it and his run's smoothly.
Did you have a hard copy, or was it a download.

If you had a hard copy, try reinstalling it AGAIN.

I had the .png problem one time, when my computer crashed in the final stages of installation. I unistalled it then out it on again and it was fine.
Did you have a hard copy, or was it a download.
QUOTE]

Hard copy. 7.1 and i upgraded to 7.3, both of them had the png errors. I mean it's just one thing after another with this thing. First i cant get it to playback decently, and now this(i dont know if the playback is fixed, since, i cant GET to the main screen).
Yeah, try a reinstall AGAIN.

It's a bit of a pain, I remember trying to upgrade to 7.3, when I tried to it told me that pro tools already existed, but gave me the option to install anyway. So when I did, I had a lot of problems, so I uninstalled PT, and ran the 7.3 set up.

What a nightmare.
thanks BrianApocalypse,

I got 2gb ram and a dedicated hard drive and now Pro Tools runs sweet.
No worries. I've been meaning to get an additional hard drive myself, but I'm just going to wait it out 18 months and get a bespoke computer built then.