I guess MySpace does have a crappy side. HOLLISTER vs. HOT TOPIC! (v_v)

Page 1 of 2
From a bulletin I saw... It must be from some kid, cause this isnt college age here.

I do shop at hot topic, but for band shirts, and I don't get into it like these people. I thought hot topic was supposed to be "non conformist" though...? Or just a way to make money from black clothing?

Here we go...

---

hollister vs. hot topic
ok so i was thinking lets see which store wins!!
Hollister vs. Hot Topic

first one to get 100 wins!!

Wah-Da-Ta
100. ethan, whats up?

Hollister
1. Laura
2.scarlett=]]
3. *Tony Lee* - Hollister All The Way!!
4.Ryan Sliker ,,
4. bocaj
5.Jamison G
6.Nikki -- love hollister
7. k-lets see...i like hot topic...but love hollister....TIFFANY!
8. ~Heather~
9.Courtany
10.Chelsea
11.Lauren m hollister duhh
12. Emily Jones♥ most def hollister
13:courtney h. i love hollister
14.codyy
15. MARY. =]
16.lEXiE=///
17.BRANDON :P
18.vanessa....hollister=L♥VE
19.Lauryn :] hollister babyyy.
20.Serena...hollister bby!!
21.ashley m. - hollister rocks!!!!!
22.Beau Maddox! hollister is awsome!
the hot topic people are MEAN and cast spells on preps
23. HOLLISTER. Hot topic ppl are FREAKS and they scare me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
24 WAYNE GO HOLLISTER YA HOT TOPIC SUX
25.candace =)
26.HOLLISTER CUZ HOT TOPIC IZ FUKKIN GAY!
27.Bianca.....YUP YUP **** HOT TOPIC!!!!!
28. justin
29. AMANDAASS.<3
30. Sammi- Hollister is awesome!
31. Megan ; HOLLISTERRRR! hot topic scares the **** outa me.
32. Dustin Stone ;; love HCO
33. Jenny
35. brandon jones
36. sammy wilson
37. Brad
38. Cindy
39. Chad
40. [♥]Sabrina[♥]
41.jennifer!!!!
50.zach sawyer...i count as 9 people thats how much better i am than the poeple below me HAHA t(-_-t)
51.Kaleb Sweet!!
52. CHRiSSY C0MBS♥
53.JUDYTHOMAS
54.Dylan Roberson
55.[♥]HeatherHall[♥] i hate hot topic! emo bastards shop ther haha!
56. Breonna Johnson ♥
57. BRYAN STRATTON - HOT TOPIC CAN GO TO HELL, THAT PLACE IS FOR EMO ****ERS WHO LOVES CUTTING THEIR WRIST AND CRY ABOUT HOW BAD THE WORLD IS AND WEARS BLACKS AND HIDES AT NIGHT, BURN IN HELL. have a nice ****ing day!!!!!!!!!
bryan stratton is a **** sucking faggot

Hot topic.
1.Lianne
2. Alvaro
3.karla
4.alex
5.mariana
6.jenii
7.santi
8.Kiaya Michelle
9. ~*KaT*~
10.*BRITTANY*
11. Nicollette
12.Alec..lol...hollister is stomping on hot topic....come on!
13.Dillon........
14.Sarah [[:
15.hannah DUH
16. sarah w. the people are amazing at hot topic!!
17. We don't cast spells on people and are NOT freaks you dip ****s! At least we don't all look like robots walking around with our blonde hair and fake ass blue eyes. Learn to get a personality and originality you freaks of preps! -Sara [miscellaneous] Sanders
18.kasey-omg! preps are fags! we dont cast spells on people! and were not freaks! dont judge a book by its cover we like black and you like pink!...at least we dont walk around thinking were better than everybody on the damn planet! get a life!!!
19.theres sexy stuff there lol its pretty cool- ~Kitty~
20. oh please, hot topic wins any day. where else will the salespeople have conversations with me about penguins and ice cream? renny<3
21. does hollister sell cds? i dont know cause ive never been there but i bet if they did it would all be suckass pop ****. RUSH
22. Hot Topic fer sure baby. Ya its cause it rocks. I buy all my band t shirts there. And cupcake cult kicks ass dude. Kelsey.
24.MORGAN ROLEN<3 Hollister sukks!!! Hot Topic rox!
25.Va Jay JAY (JAILENE) yay go hairbows
26.♠ANDREW♠ hollister is gay hot topic is all about!!!!
27.Eddie hollister sucks balls
.28ANDREW **** hollister
29.Hollister sux!!!! Hot Topic is the ****!!!!-->Mariah<--
30.heckk yesh i agree mariah!! hollister is hella guey!! hot topic is the shizz!
31. They have skelanimals :] screw hollister and there damn birds.♥Rikki♥
32. hottopic is fkn rad. -haleyHORRIFIC!,,
33.Sara♥
34.HeatherNicole- Hottopic pwns Hollister.
preps-ewww
35. sam- preps are so gay. their fake as hell
36. Zach-even ****ing preps shop at hot topic now
37. Matt - Hollister sucks. Stupid preps. You're not from southern California, and you're not a "surfer". Get over yourself.
38. HOT TOPIC though i dont shop their often
its way way way better than holister. everyone that wears holister is lableing them selves as PREPS and no one likes a stuck up PREP.
losers =) i agree with the kid infront of me
39.Brittany-We aren't freaks. Hot topic is way better. All those preps are gay. all of the clothes look alike. Get a personality
40.Chloe. I went into hollister once with my cousin and had on all black and and was carrying hottopic bags and everyone in there FREAKED. I laughed so hard! Hot topic all THE WAY BITCH! =]
41.Madilyn, Hollister can go to hell.
42.Coco, hot topic wtf, no compition, hollister suck my weener!
43. James
44.Samm Schruise hooka (:
yeahh tht's right i went there.
45. Mason... **** PREPS!!!!!
46.im a ****ing hottopic girl not a ****ing prep =]
47.[Ashley] hollister is almost ****in worse then Anti-Crombie and Bitch..hot topic all the way
49.RHIANNON---HOT TOPIC all the way!!!
50.ASHLEY(ELMO)--Hot Topic / yeah Hollister is like the 2 Anti-crombie .. in other words HOLLISTER SUCKS DICK!
51.(SIC)Alex-preps can die and slow painful death they are useless on this world.
52.kenzie
53.Kaitlin w00t go Hot Topic!!
54.TIELOR...hot topic kicks ass ya son of a bitchs!!!!!!!
55.Smith..**** preps hottopic ruleZ
56.justin **** hollister hot topic is the ****!!
57. hot topic all the way i like hollister but hot topic is deff better
58. jason hey i like hot topic much better although i dont like the some of the stuff and anyway most of the people i see in hollister creep me out and they are rude also hot topic cashiers are alot better also and now hot topic is winning ^.^
59. Jamie Chapman - Hot Topic is the best in my opinion,
the cashiers are nice, and are easy to get along with.
Even though I don't like some of the stuff they have,
its my favorite store other than Pac Sun. And why are
people judging the store before they eve know what its
about? Thats just as bad as judging the people that
work and buy from there! If you don't know us, or the store,
DON'T JUDGE US! And how does it scare people?
Hollister really dosen't bother me any more, even though
I don't like it. But I don't judge people just because they wear it..
Sooo..yeah...
60. JAKE TACKETT-Let's face it, i am emo
61.Charly.You arrogant judgemental emo-haters are all ****ing self-important little ****ing bastards!
62.nathan..hot topic all the way best stuff ever
63. i like hollister but, i love metal bands and can't get those shirts at hollister!
I agree but hot topic is better then hollister imo. damn preps... annnd I get tired of those bulletins pretty quickly
Quote by bpoeoanry
go back to sleep
Waking up with boobs? Is there a visine for that.
Wow. New low, even for MySpace.
Quote by count schizo
I think we should take a second out to flame him anyways. I mean we're already here.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
Only a misguided youth seeking something to take up the space below their post would sig me

^ Yep, that sounds about right.
You just now noticed Myspace had a crappy side? One of my friends is a sophomore in high school, and I get stupid bulletins like this quite often. They're funny to read, in a sad, pathetic way.
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
Nah, not just now realizing. I just know that this is quite a low point for it.
. . .

Damn...

That is all.
All Hail! The Kala-Kala Chieftain!
Quote by killedbyaspork
I agree but hot topic is better then hollister imo. damn preps... annnd I get tired of those bulletins pretty quickly

i'm sorry, you must have not realized that the term prep is a compliment
Hot Topic has some neat shirts, actually. I got a pretty kick ass Alice In Chains shirt there the other day. Some of their **** is trendy, but some of it's not so bad. Nowadays it kinda seems more trendy to hate Hot Topic.
Quote by killedbyaspork

typical. id take a prep over a hot topic shopper anyday. they think theyre so original to be wearing a boondock saints shirt.

...no offense.
Erm. Never shopped at Hollister. Been to Hot Topic but couldn't find anything I liked.

I'm just gonna pick Latitude.
Man I'm 6' tall and by no means a small dude. Nothing in those stores fit me anyway. I order my ****, and get my band shirts from concerts. It's rather funny. When I go out in all black, with my pendants and my rings and such, all the gothic girls swoon over me. When I get bored and go out in blue jeans and my red Joe Walsh t-shirt, they act like a ghost just walked in. "Joe Walsh, who the **** is that?"

Seriously. How you dress and where you shop should not define who you are. Wearing all black does not mean you are different. Wearing whatever "preps" wear does not make you an awesome person. Being honest, being yourself, and being respectful, makes you awesome. Wear what you like and wear what fits.

Thank god I'm out of high school.
I don't really care. Clothing is clothing. I've gotten some rather nice band t-shirts at Hot Topic, and although I don't really care for Hollister, I do like Abercrombie's cologne. That shit is a pussy magnet.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
I don't really care. Clothing is clothing. I've gotten some rather nice band t-shirts at Hot Topic, and although I don't really care for Hollister, I do like Abercrombie's cologne. That shit is a pussy magnet.

hot topic has more than band shirts

stockings and cool sweaters too fool
Blind Guardian t-shirt off eBay: $16
Wrangler jeans at Target: $15
Hanes Boxers (3 pack): $8
Never having to step foot into Hollister or Hot Topic: Priceless.

But I shouldn't be speaking because I bought a Dethklok shirt from Hot Topic a couple of days ago. But that is the first and last time I'm gonna buy something there though. Terrible place. TERRIBLE place.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
this should really be Emo vs. Preps poll
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
Myspace is two sides of a really crappy coin.

And being in England we have neither of those shops, though I did go into Hot Topic when I was on holiday. I thought it was overpriced.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Nobody is on MySpace anymore at my school, except freshmen and losers that nobody cares about. Everyone has gone to Facebook.

And, on topic, I'd go with Hollister. I don't shop there, but it's closer to my style than Hot Topic is. Hot Topic has band shirts, yes, but I can get band shirts online and at shows.
I deleted my myspace today.

I didn't particularly need it anymore seeing as I hardly speak to anyone on there.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
I like hollister, because I like tank tops. I don't like hot topic, because I am not a scenester.
Wow... Everytime people do something like this it makes me want to cry. It's just such a pointless waste of time. The only redeming quality is that it wasn't like "Repust dis in 3 ours or U will dye". Also, all these kids who are like, "Hot topic is for Emos!!" or "Hollister is for preps!" are just ridiculous and ignorant.
Quote by Mike Birbiglia
I went to the doctor, and they found something in my bladder. And whenever they find something, it's never anything good like, "We found something in your bladder AND IT'S SEASON TICKETS TO THE YANKEES!!

Do you folks like folk?
that isnt as bad as the "nationality" wars in my town on myspace >.>

cause the kids who claim to be italian (YOU ARENT ITALIAN YOU'RE CANADIAN WITH ITALIAN HERITAGE!!!!)

and the kids who claim to be polish (see above bracket statement but replace italitan with polish)

like hate eachother.

i hate both. ****ing idiots.
They both suck.
Quote by DieGarbageMan
can i get a tl;dr up in this bitch?

A mod makes a joke and hi-jacks a thread...

Quote by paintITblack39
usually, this is often discussed in the political threads ...

let's change the question: are you pro or antti niemi?
The worst part of myspace is the chain bulletins. More stupid are the people who pass them on. Sure, if I don't repost something about a fake sleepover murder then the ghosts of the 5 girls will rape me at 11:11 and give me oral secks and then stab me but if I do pass it on I'll get good luck forever.
Quote by Aus-10

39.Brittany-We aren't freaks. Hot topic is way better. All those preps are gay. all of the clothes look alike. Get a personality

I love scene kid hypocrisy.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
I hate trains even more than stuff like these. Although I have just discovered faceook, so I think myspace is no more for me. You can POKE PEOPLE on facebook! Clearly, it is worth getting an account just for that.
hahahaha

50.zach sawyer...i count as 9 people thats how much better i am than the poeple below me HAHA t(-_-t)

56. Breonna Johnson ♥
57. BRYAN STRATTON - HOT TOPIC CAN GO TO HELL, THAT PLACE IS FOR EMO ****ERS WHO LOVES CUTTING THEIR WRIST AND CRY ABOUT HOW BAD THE WORLD IS AND WEARS BLACKS AND HIDES AT NIGHT, BURN IN HELL. have a nice ****ing day!!!!!!!!!
bryan stratton is a **** sucking faggot
I've only been to Hopt Topic, I bought a few awesome band T-shirts for cheaper than I could buy at home so I've no complaints...

Edit: Overpriced DD? For me, the most expensive T-shirts were $20 (+30% off in a sale) and they are usually about £15-18, maybe £10 at the cheapest...
Last edited by bequickorbedead at Sep 7, 2007,
Page 1 of 2