I think im having one right now. Any little noise bothers me and gets my heart rate up, like my computer just made a beep and then i totally freaked out. Im really tired but Im too anxious to sleep. I dont even know what it is over. Does anyone else suffer from random anxiety attacks? Im listening to lacuna coil hoping it will go away. How do you deal with them?
Niccolo Paganini is always an enjoyable and relaxing listen. Or, if you want modern, listen to "Marine Layer" by Paul Gilbert.
try underoath as cities burn poison the well or this runs through if youre feeling anxious
Listen to 'House of a Thousand Corpses' by Rob Zombie, im sure that'll help it go away. :P
Quote by rcw110131
Don't be gay you retard.
listening to music is a proven way to help with anxiety attacks, I used to get them real bad. I'm extremely anti-social and my job forced me to be social, and by the end of working there for one year I was borderline insane and had to quit....another good way is meditating, most people don't realy understand meditation, most explanations overcomplicate the whole process. The simplest instructions for meditating to relax is to breath slowly and deeply, make sure none of your muscles are tence, keep the lights dim, and DON'T THINK...if you find a thought popping into your head just stop, sooner or later all thought will stop. The point of this is to slow down brain activity, thus eleminating stress. Good luck.
I Cum Blood - Cannibal Corpse
Metal Head

One Day, We'll All Go Into The Water.
Go, Into The Water, Live There, Die There.

Gear
Squier Stratocaster
Jackson Pro Series Kelly
Jackson Dinky Sustaniac
Roland Cube 60
Peavey Triple XXX Stack
yeah david highland i do meditate a lot
i think i am going borderline insane
i do and think a lot of weird ****
i havent really been meditating much though ive been busy
Quote by Z_cup_boy
I think im having one right now. Any little noise bothers me and gets my heart rate up, like my computer just made a beep and then i totally freaked out. Im really tired but Im too anxious to sleep. I dont even know what it is over. Does anyone else suffer from random anxiety attacks? Im listening to lacuna coil hoping it will go away. How do you deal with them?

cocaine is a hell of a drug!

no, I'm kidding. I never get random anxiety attacks. I do, however, feel uneasy and get kinda anxious around large groups of people. I guess you'd call that a mild form of social anxiety.

I do, however, love performing songs in front of large groups of people. But once I'm done playing, I only wanna be around a few of my closest friends. I don't do parties.
Banging on a trash can
Drumming on a street light
Doesn't really sound like a panic attack to me (at least from my experience with them). You just sound a little stressed and irritable.

Try relaxing music or even just a few deep breaths.
Quote by Z_cup_boy
yeah david highland i do meditate a lot
i think i am going borderline insane
i do and think a lot of weird ****
i havent really been meditating much though ive been busy

well my advice would have to be find out what's stressing you out, if you don't already know, and stop doing it. I know that that's easier said than done, but you need to have your priorities straight, I valued my mind over my crappy job so I quit and got a new one.....
Quote by Inimical
Doesn't really sound like a panic attack to me (at least from my experience with them). You just sound a little stressed and irritable.

That is true, when I had attacks I just got really tence and confused, and I don't recal if I ever passed out because of them, but I know sometimes I felt like I was going to.

OMYJIZZZZ Anxiety attackzz call in DAH ARMADILLOS
Quote by J-Spoon
I did a forward roll into a backflip, caught the les paul and blasted out a face melting version of stairway to intimidate this mentally retarted kid on life support in a wheelchair that was trying to play it through an MG. What a loser.
I have anxiety attacks too. Sometimes it's just normal but when it gets real bad...*shudders*. It's a horrible feeling but music usually helps. Just keep your mind occupied.
Baby, can you dig your man?
He's a righteous man,
Baby, can you dig your man?

- Larry Underwood
i dont really have many anxiety attacks.. but i have a few serious minor mental/social disorders in my brain. i get all sorts of weird panicky feelings in public, in isolstion, in bed... everywhere. the trick is man..... MUSIC. all the way. u must constantly be listening to music, or imagining it in your head. thats what keeps me sane brotha. layers upon layers of music in my head at all times. occupies ur thoughts yknow? oh, and drink a glass of milk. milk helps your true mindset prevail over the panic
I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder sometime last year. It got to the point where I was off work for nearly a month and had the condition become worse I could've become agoraphobic.

Anxiety is the body's way of dealing with stressful situations and most people experience it in mild forms regularly (such as just before a test or when they run across a busy road when a car is coming) but with an anxiety disorder, even something trivial like standing in a queue in a shop or walking down the street can bring on an attack. In my experience an attack usually brings on symptoms which are similar to a heart attack: increased heart rate, cold sweats, tingling sensation in the arms, dizzy spells and feelings of 'not really being where you are'.

Luckily I've managed to cope with it and it only really occurs now when I'm hungover (Don't ask).

My advice is to just learn to relax and be stress-free. Lots of people have GAD (Generalised Anxiety Disorder) and the best way I managed to cope with was to just be a bit more mellow.

There's a bit more info about it here if that'll help.
Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

are u finding yourself not wanting the anxiety but it happens anyway just to mess with you, Kind of like OCD. If this is happening then try to think to be normal and pretend its messes with you for example, sometimes i worry about what people are gonna think of me in public and i act all tense and nervous but when i think to be normal and relax, while in my head i would say something like (i bet i can't do it) and its seems to work
Quote by Z_cup_boy

My ex used to get those. Her heart would race, adrenaline would flow, she'd begin to shake.... At one point they were so intense it would cause her to orgasm.

Maybe play with yourself until you have an orgasm, then you can relax?

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Actually, I suffer from an anxiety disorder which used to be really severe. What you're suffering seems pretty symptomatic of that sort of thing, though it could just be sheer exhaustion. I recommend the following:

• Take very deep breaths; four seconds in, hold for two, four seconds out. Keep doing that, and focus on the breathing.
  • Try and think about what it was that made you anxious in the first place, and why. Remember that it was irrational, and remember that there's really nothing you have to worry about. Don't get caught on this as a huge deal, because it's not; these things are minor niggles, nothing more.

If this is a persistant problem, then there's therapy and medication you can use. You don't even need to get therapy through official channels - because I use the NHS in Britain, obviously it took about a year for anything to actually happen, so I bought a CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) book called 'Mind over matter' and pretty much dealt with it myself. I'm also on a course of a low dose of anti-depressants, which help keep the kind of thoughts that lead to anxiety attacks in check and allow me to focus on what I need to do and think to get over it. So if it comes to that there are a tonne of options, though it probably won't - chances are this is just a one-off. Plenty of people I know have had what they've thought to be random anxiety attacks that have never repeated themselves.

Take it easy.
    "Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
    ~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
    ~The Sun

"His a cant."
    ~The Independent
    Quote by Inimical

+1.
    Quote by mud
    Actually, I suffer from an anxiety disorder which used to be really severe. What you're suffering seems pretty symptomatic of that sort of thing, though it could just be sheer exhaustion. I recommend the following:

• Take very deep breaths; four seconds in, hold for two, four seconds out. Keep doing that, and focus on the breathing.
    • Try and think about what it was that made you anxious in the first place, and why. Remember that it was irrational, and remember that there's really nothing you have to worry about. Don't get caught on this as a huge deal, because it's not; these things are minor niggles, nothing more.

If this is a persistant problem, then there's therapy and medication you can use. You don't even need to get therapy through official channels - because I use the NHS in Britain, obviously it took about a year for anything to actually happen, so I bought a CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) book called 'Mind over matter' and pretty much dealt with it myself. I'm also on a course of a low dose of anti-depressants, which help keep the kind of thoughts that lead to anxiety attacks in check and allow me to focus on what I need to do and think to get over it. So if it comes to that there are a tonne of options, though it probably won't - chances are this is just a one-off. Plenty of people I know have had what they've thought to be random anxiety attacks that have never repeated themselves.

Take it easy.

Sound advice. This is probably your best bet.

Luckily for me, it never got to the point where I was put on medication (possibly due to the fact that the doctor was not 100% sure what was wrong with me, GAD can be hard to diagnose).

If the problem persists there are ways you can help prevent another attack such as cutting back on caffeine and alcohol (like I said earlier, I only usually get attacks when I'm severely hungover) and even regular exercise can help. Nothing drastic just half an hour a day.
      Official member of the "UG Senior Citizens Club For People Over 21"
      Official member of the "UG Fat Chicks Appreciation Club" (Yeah, no one will probably follow...)

Yeah, hangovers are pretty harsh for me for the first half of a day or so. I'm not supposed to drink on SSRIs but ... well, bollocks to that.

Trying to keep busy helps a buttload. Even something you wouldn't normally enjoy doing, like washing up or hoovering, can take your mind of it - and it makes your housemates want to lick you, as an added bonus.

And as the chappie above me suggested, a lovely big wank can calm you down.
      "Is it an ambulance? Is he Philip Larkin? So much power in so few words."
      ~The Observer

"A transcendant terrestris, a timeless behemoth, trapped like Sisyphus in the cyclical burden of his own genius."
      ~The Sun

"His a cant."
      ~The Independent