i decided i would be buying an Ibanez XPT700 and people were saying that the Edge III tremolo isnt very good. i want to do some real raw stuff with it like engine growls and mass divebombs so a half decent trem isnt going to work for me. right now, i have the money. i have a guy who has replaced trems in his own guitars. and now i just need to be sure that the Orig Floyd rose will work with my guitar-to-be. also, is the floyd the only direct replacement for the Edge III or is there a better one i could spring for?
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
I was not expecting him to have a ferret skilled in nuclear weaponry
FR will need some modding. You could replace it with an Edge Pro, though. Or another of the Ibanez bridges that are good instead of crap.
Quote by kyrreca
You could replace it with an Edge Pro, though. Or another of the Ibanez bridges that are good instead of crap.
No. No. No. Doesn't work.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by kyrreca
FR will need some modding. You could replace it with an Edge Pro, though. Or another of the Ibanez bridges that are good instead of crap.

i see. an Edge Pro would be awesome. thanks for the info.

Quote by which ones pink
See the link in my sig.
wow! that was really helpful. sorry i didnt see that link in your sig sooner.
Quote by Zach
I'm gonna make a poster of my pinky finger that says in big bold letters on the bottom 'USE IT'
Quote by Switch
Quote by which ones pink
^Heh, that's cause I just put it in there about an hour ago

PinkEdit: It's in Pifty's sig too.

well that makes sense.

and pifty: are you sure the edge pro wont fit? if not, i have a OFR on hold for tomorrow if there isnt anything else
Quote by Zach
Quote by Switch
Edge Pro is physically bigger than EdgeIII. By just a bit, but still bigger. OFR works, and that swap has been done. A Floyd Rose in an Ibanez is a bit vulgar, but it fits.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
If i'm not mistaken, the OFR is a direct switch with the Edge 3 bridge. You shouldn't have any problems.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30