hi people, im in an indecision here. sometime ago i asked here for a good high tone bass, people replied warwick, but i dont have money for an official warwick so im going to buy a rockbass.
Now my indecision is about the fortress and the corvette.
They both look almost the same but one has 1p/1j pickup and the other has 2j.
i just wanna know wich one is going to give me the better high tone and growl.
thanks for the help
AbsentMind
The Corvette is more popular, but I prefer the Fortress for it's P pickup and (to me) better balance on the strap thanks to that long upper horn. I play a Fortress as my main bass and it's damned fine.

You could probably find a second hand Warwick Corvette for the price of a new RockBass, though.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Agreed with Caustic with the 2nd hand Warwick. Rockbasses arent bad (from what I understand), but a used Warwick will be a better buy.
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Quote by silentdob
Agreed with Caustic with the 2nd hand Warwick. Rockbasses arent bad (from what I understand), but a used Warwick will be a better buy.

RockBasses are brilliant basses. Quality wise, they feel and sound better than anything else in their price range (at least in my opinion). It's just that a real Warwick will always be a better bass, and not much more expensive. You could find a used Corvette for the price of a brand new RockBass, or wait a few months and you'll probably be within reach of a brand new Warwick.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
BTW, the only Corvette you could get at a price like that used is an Ash Corvette. Forget about Bubinga, and don't even think about Flame Maple.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
well i really like the fortress style, but maybe ill look for a second hand corvette.
Thanks for the help guys
AbsentMind
I've seen a couple of Bubinga Corvettes going for the price of a RockBass, but then, retail prices are high here and resale values low.