i know there are copywrite issues if i were 2 use a movie sound clip in one of my songs, i.e "KHAAAAAAAN!!!" from star trek.

but would there b an issue if i recorded myself saying "KHAAAAAAAN!!!" and used that in one of my songs?

thanks
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Jackson DX10D Rhoads (EMG 81/85)
Jackson Dinky (dimebucker)
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
Hughes and Kettner triliogy head + 4x12 cab
Line 6 spider 2 head w/ marshall 1960 B cab
Using the original audio could give you some trouble, but if you record yourself saying "Can"(use that nice scotish accent you guys have) and not "Kahn" I bet there will be no probs.
By the way, I have no clue about the UK's copyright legislations, just using common sense.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Just say "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" or whatever and if anybody whose legal asks you about it just say you're saying CAN being a smartass is a real help in life trust me
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
Just say "KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" or whatever and if anybody whose legal asks you about it just say you're saying CAN being a smartass is a real help in life trust me

ha ha great idea, but im also wanting 2 use a 300 quote "SPARTANS, WHAT IS YOUR PROFESSION!!" i dont think i could wiggle my way out of that one lol
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
I'm sure you could get away with the first one, how the hell are they to know your refering to thier character? The 300 one, a bit obvious so you may wanna rethink that one
aye, mate of mines band, they start one of their songs with the full metal jacket quote "im am staff seargent...............blah blah blah.............................sound off like u got a pair" and that works realy well for them, but im not sure if they could put that on their record, its the bassist that says it live and stuff. im not sure if spoken words can be copywrited unless they are a slogan. but im not 2 sure.

need mega advice lol
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
Don't worry about it.

It's copyright as well, not copywrite... It's the right some one has to copy something, not something written down that you copy!
Every inside out badger has a silver lining.
Quote by giant_toaster
Don't worry about it.

It's copyright as well, not copywrite... It's the right some one has to copy something, not something written down that you copy!

lol im tired ok lol. its been a long week ha ha
GUITARS:
Rickenbacker 650D
Jackson RR5
Epiphone les paul custom
Godin freeway floyd
AMPS:
i dont think that sampled movie quotes are much of an issue.

the thing that pisses off artists when samples are uncleared is that they werent credited for their creative input on the song.
if you sample a bassline, and pass it off as your own then the artist has every right to be pissed off at you.

the "kaaahn" quote is pretty much totally in the pop culture lexicon. people would realise that its not something you have stolen, and are trying to make money off under false pretenses.

i think you would probably be ok doing it.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Being a smartass gets you nowhere after you hit 14

correction being a smartass gets you nowhere after you get out of hi-school
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Quote by Shredlet
correction being a smartass gets you nowhere after you get out of hi-school

And thus, why you need to avoid the police.
Quote by TheGoldenGod
this thread keeps rearing its ugly head. die pube thread, die!
I would stay away from using sound bits from movies - I think by doing this life would be so much easier

if you really want to though - maybe you should spead a few hundred $$$ and talk to a real copyright lawyer?