i knowwwwwwwwwwww im probs gona be told to get the hell out butttt
im kinda knew to slapping and what setting should you put your effects pedal/amp on for the best sound?????

Basically just cut your mids (especially upper mids), that usually helps out a lot. Also, I've found that slapping through pedals often sucks, it boosts the high end too much (even on bass pedals). After that I boost my bass to about 7/+5/67% (depends on the way the dials are labeled) and my treble to about 5.5/+1/55%. I personally cut my mids all the way (Korn influence there), but slap still sounds good with some mids.
I am a lucid dream to the illusionary slumber
Wading in a cesspool of forgotten memory
An insignificant host to the collective subconscious

~Sacred Slumber
Slight adjustments is the key. Lower mids, boost bass and treble. Cutting and boosting too heavily on your EQ will (IMO) make you sound like a cartoonists impression of slap bass and lose the tone of your bass. Most slappers I see favour their bridge pickup on the bass, and have the tone knob maxed out.

What effects pedal, amp and bass do you have?
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I think the quintessential bass slap tone comes from Jazz pickups, both full on. Again, tasteful restraint with the EQ is important. I'd say boost or cut no more than 3db. You should really cut the mids, but where exactly in the mids is up to you (and can help you define your 'voice'). Personally, I scoop the low-mids and find I have a very nice slap tone (although I'm not a slapper at all).
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
I think the quintessential bass slap tone comes from Jazz pickups, both full on.

Playing with a Fender Jazz (which I don't often do, admittedly) I find having the bridge at full and the neck at about 75% gets the best results, but I guess that's individual taste for you.... plus I play through 15" speakers, and having too much of the neck can make the slap overpower the pop in my experience.

I slap "white man funk" as one of my bass playing buddies so tactfully puts it, though, so I only do it on a rare occasion.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
bearing in mind that i havnt been playing that long
i have a crappy "encore" or somthing bass
my amps a b.b10b 10 watt bass amp
and my pedal is a korg me 20 b

and you said to have the tone knob maxed out the thing is when i do that it sounds completely wank
probs down to the combo of my equipment really
Last edited by ishalleatyou at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by ishalleatyou
bearing in mind that i havnt been playing that long
i have a crappy "encore" or somthing bass
my amps a b.b10b 10 watt bass amp
and my pedal is a korg me 20 b

and you said to have the tone knob maxed out the thing is when i do that it sounds completely wank
probs down to the combo of my equipment really

Yeah, probs. Sometimes (i.e. all the time) good sound comes from good gear.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..