My Band (The Searchlight is Safety) is trying to get some networking going to get the word out about us. We've been playing shows for about 2 years to no avail because we're not the nicest of people in the world. We're kind of a genre-bender and everyone else here is into haircore, scenecore, screamo, etc. and we're very alternative like Circa Survive-esque. We tend not to make friends with other bands because... honestly, they're a bit inferior and they seem to care more about their hair and tight pants then their music. HOW DO WE MAKE FRIENDS AND START BOOKING BIGGER, BETTER SHOWS?!?!
Vocal Chords.
Bass Guitar.
Band:
Galleries

Quote by EvilMonkeySG3
^+1

Quote by Wratheh
Damnit! Oh well, +1 anyway.
Getting a good group of dedicated fans is going to take a while, but if u find some good friends and people willing to help along the way you should do well, try also to play at many places that aren't just in your local area, the internet is also a great way to promote your band, like myspace and mp3.com, I'll help you guys spread the word around in my area, it just takes some patience, tons of gigs, and getting your friends, family, co-workers ect. to tell people about you.
Start by reading my articles. After you do that, I would start booking as many shows outside of the area. Don't make as many pre-judgements about other bands you play with. If you guys are really that mean where you can't network with people, I would suggest:

1. Find a manager who can do it for you
2. Call it a day
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
We've buckled down and started talking kindly to other bands and now we're wanted on tons of shows, Thanks guys! I guess we were just relying too much on our music.
Vocal Chords.
Bass Guitar.
Band:
Galleries

Quote by EvilMonkeySG3
^+1

Quote by Wratheh
Damnit! Oh well, +1 anyway.