Hey.
So, me and some guys are getting together to start a band and I'm gonna be the lead guitarist. Now, we're gonna be covering alot of songs so I'll just play the solos from there. But, now we're probably gonna be starting to write some songs. Now my question if you have some suggestion for what keys to play in etc. When I improives all my solos sound extremly bluesy with a lot of hendrix like bends and hammer ons and pull offs, anyone got any tips for how to get them to sound more rock like? I know that speed is of the essence, and taht will hopefully come with time, but anything else?
Just listen to loads of the songs you're gonna cover, and take ideas/licks from there.
Keys to play in.... you can use any key, but usual rock keys are D, Dm, A, Am, Em, E there's too many to list, but you get the idea.

The key is to listen to other songs and take influence from them.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
speed is not of the essence, feeling is. i'm sure you've heard that before. basically try using the major scale, pentatonic scale, and minor scale and it wont all sound bluesy. i would start by just playing two chords back and fourth in 4/4 time and work the different scales over that till you get the sound you like, then broaden the two chords but keep it in the same key.
Well, most solo's are based on creativity aren't they? Try finding your own style based on influences without copying them exactly..
Thanks for all the responses guys, I really appreciate it!

Quote by R_H_C_P
Just listen to loads of the songs you're gonna cover, and take ideas/licks from there.
Keys to play in.... you can use any key, but usual rock keys are D, Dm, A, Am, Em, E there's too many to list, but you get the idea.

The key is to listen to other songs and take influence from them.

Quote by -blaze-
Well, most solo's are based on creativity aren't they? Try finding your own style based on influences without copying them exactly..

Your answers both sound very logical^^ Thanks for the key tips, and I'll keep in mind which licks sound good

Quote by sowhat360
speed is not of the essence, feeling is. i'm sure you've heard that before. basically try using the major scale, pentatonic scale, and minor scale and it wont all sound bluesy. i would start by just playing two chords back and fourth in 4/4 time and work the different scales over that till you get the sound you like, then broaden the two chords but keep it in the same key.

Well, I suppose I have plenty of feeling to throw in there Making every not special etc... The pentatonic and the minor scale is what I've been using the most, and it does sound really bluesy, probably just me throwing some bluesy licks in there. (Damn them and their seductivity )
What kind of music do you play? A lot of the times, harmony will work very well as well.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.