Well our im in a band and we're starting to make some songs and are getting a few private gigs around and i have a problem reading my current tuner when its bright outside or ect.

I'm wondering if this pedal would be a lot better at tuning quality and easier to read while outside (i also like that it mutes your guitar when u are tuning)

http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/buy_boss_tu2_chromatic_stombox_tuner?full_sku=100416783

What do u guys think? should i get it or is there a different pedal you'd recommend?
thats a good pedal. i used to use that but now i have a line 6 xt live that i use. if you have any rack gear i would suggest getting a rack tuner. if not then get that pedal.
I need a tuner as well but I heard this does something bad to your sound, my ear is not very good so I probably wouldn't notice.

Some have said that the plane waves one is better and is true bypass, but if don't notice any negative effects on your sound I think the Boss will be just fine. Many professional guitarists use it, so I dont think there is anything glariningly wrong with it.
^ Again the clog wearing one is correct

But $200 for a tuner is a BIG investment and i'd rather the Korg than the Boss
I have the cheaper korg ca-30 and I absolutely love it. Its very accurate and for the price, what else could you want?

but in your case you want something bright, and durable, something that you can stomp on and quickly tune your guitar even while on stage. The boss tuner seems like the best thing for your at the moment.

that peterson pedal posted above does look very nice, but it seems to me that id rather save 100 bucks and get the stomp pedal. The peterson may be a little more accurate, but I dont think it would be enough to matter, if it is at all. The backlight on it is a nice feature, but the led's in the boss should be just fine for you
-------------------------------
Faded Gibson SG Special - Black ice mod
Seymour Duncan SH-5 in bridge
B-52 AT 112
Ted Weber Mass100 attenuator
EHX Small Clone
EHX Metal Muff
DIY Modded tubescreamer
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Wax Potting tutorial
You can't justify spending 100 bucks on a pedal tuner, especially from Boss. I have the 40 dollar Fender pt-100 and I like it better
Planet Waves Pedal Tuner is great. The Peterson is the best of the best but it's hella expensive
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
Quote by geluidsterroris
Try a Behringer TU-100 they're very good ive got the same

but a bit noisy. Cheap though
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
The planet waves tuner is the brightest thing I've ever seen in my life and is actually pretty cool.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
i'd make an A/B box for $20 and get those cheap tuners for $20 on the B side. its absolute bypass, it grounds the signal when ur not using. u don't need to step on the tuner so why not???
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I have the boss pedal, it's a solid pedal that can take a beating. The reason I didn't want the fender one is it's plastic, I know i'd end up breaking it accidentally.

I did actually get an Artec Big Dots pedal tuner, which was awesome, true bypass, bright display, but it was unreliable so I took it back and got a boss. When i've completed my pedalboard I plan on getting a true bypass loop and running everything through that.

The planet waves one has reported very bad hum if you're using a power supply with non-isolated outputs. However, if you have isolated outputs or a battery, it's not an issue.
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Quote by Cofflecakes
try an Ibanez LU-20

I second that. To me, the LEDS are much brighter (because their bigger).
I tried out a mates TU2 at a gig, didn't really like it at all (didn't see how everyone thought it was so bright/easy to read). The LU20 is like 'how could you NOT see it?".