hi im into eric clapton, oasis,pink floyd etc im just wondering what electric or acoustic set up i need to create the same sound as the above mentioned bands.cheers.
Clapton and floyd use Stratocasters I believe... So you'll need a guitar with Single-Coil pickups.
A good vintage style tube amp would also be a plus.
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
do you have a budget?that would be very helpfull for us to know since we can give you ideas on what to do without you having to sell your house
Listens to Jazz

Quote by Local666Union
each time I piss in the dark I'm afraid that some wierd plant is going to eat my dick

Yeah to get that kind of tone I would recommend using a Fender Stratocaster or even a Telecaster. Ampwise, try out some Fender models too such as a Twin, Deville, or a Princeton.
Main Gear
- Heritage Cherry Gibson Explorer (w/ H4 & H4a EMG's)
- Mesa Boogie Dual Rec Trem-o-Verb Head
- Mesa Boogie 4x12 Standard Rec Cab
- Korg DTR2000 Rackmount Tuner
- DBX 2-15 Band Rackmount EQ
- Monster 2500 Series Power Conditioner
oasis use gibson hollow-bodies like es-335s
clapton and flloyd used strats and an SG

so, guitar wise, a HSS strat would cover everything if you don't mind how the bridge humbucker looks (it really puts me off personally). That or... a telecaster would get you a good mix between the clapton-esque and oasis tones, better than a strat maybe.

amp, everyone recommends vox AdVt series, so i'll go ahead and say that.
Guitars: Strat is probably what you want, look at teles or semi-hollowbodies also. But honestly, try everything you can get your hands on!

Amp: Vox Valvetronix are really great, but you'll want a distortion/fuzz pedal to go with it. You'll really want to get an all-tube amp though. As far as that goes, Fender blues deluxe amps are pretty good and so are the Peavy Classic and Delta Blues series.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA