Through the greatly apprec. help of fellow boardies, I have decided not to install Duncans into my LP custom but to get a better amp than my crap 15w instead. so

any suggestions, i should have around $220

Im looking for used gear so

i heard the flextone 1x12 combo is good and i can get one of those for $200

i like effects amps

I play a lot of Fall out boy, my chem, taking back sunday, AAR, classic rock...if this helps to choice
crates are like a universal amp...they are great for metal...all the way to that country twang...
If you want to a rape a amp with fob and mcr get spider II, they deserve it.

Seriously now, for 220 and your tastes you should look into the Roland Cube ou the Vox Valvetronix
Weird Al = Awesome
Buckethead = Awesome
Ergo, Awesome = Buckethead = Weird Al
Quote by Hart_Attack
the logic... its. so. precise! you broke the code! hail Omni-Ragnarok for answering lifes biggest question, who is buckethead.
Quote by Omni-Ragnarok
If you want to a rape a amp with fob and mcr get spider II, they deserve it.

Seriously now, for 220 and your tastes you should look into the Roland Cube ou the Vox Valvetronix

wait were you joking about the spider lol?

ok ya i heard vox are good, which watt roland?
^ If by joking you mean Spiders aren't good amps. Then I assume he was.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
If you like the sound of digital crap, then buy the Spider. If you like a digital amp that sounds a little more natural and versatility then go with the cube. If you want quality and versatility go with a Randall RM100 with replaceable modules.
Washburn WI-64
Jackson DK2
Randall RM100C
Digitech RP200A
Digitech DF-7
Digitech Phase Shifter
Boss OS-2
Boss Bf-2
Quote by MrCarrot
^ If by joking you mean Spiders aren't good amps. Then I assume he was.

really? but theyre GC's best selling amp..how can they be bad? just not that good a sound?

I think im leaning on either a Crate or Flextone amp...ill also check some of my local pawn shops
They're best sellers because GC employees force new players into buying them though they sound garbage. This gives them 'good rep' and makes the newbie community think they're good. They aren't. And while I'm here Marshall MG amps sound crap too.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I have not played all solid-state Crates by any means, but I own one and have tried a few, also heard them used on gigs. They sound muddy and buzzy when cranked at over bedroom volume. There are too many better amps out there to buy one. The only Line 6 I have used is the Spider, and you probably know about them already. I have seen on several guitar forums the Flextone generally gets good marks for quality and sound. I would try it out first. Sorry to sound like a parrot but you really should consider a tube combo. I know you probably don't have enough cash yet, but I would save for a good used one. It's worth the wait. Try one if you don't believe me. Good luck.
Flextones are good amps.

If you have the chance to try out the Vox Valvetronix, Cube, and Flextone then DO IT!

Out of the 3, IMO, the Flextone is the best.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by uldhppi
I have not played all solid-state Crates by any means, but I own one and have tried a few, also heard them used on gigs. They sound muddy and buzzy when cranked at over bedroom volume. There are too many better amps out there to buy one. The only Line 6 I have used is the Spider, and you probably know about them already. I have seen on several guitar forums the Flextone generally gets good marks for quality and sound. I would try it out first. Sorry to sound like a parrot but you really should consider a tube combo. I know you probably don't have enough cash yet, but I would save for a good used one. It's worth the wait. Try one if you don't believe me. Good luck.

i have used one...our chruch student band has a fender princeton 65...and ya its prety good, but i do like to experiment with sound thats why i wanted the flextone or other multi-channel amps.
what about a peavey bandit 112 for $135...is that a good deal..i know it has some effects and multi channel
Peavey Bandits are an all right solid-state amp. As I said sound kind of "tubey. It would be a good practice amp for the bedroom later if you decide to upgrade. I am a Peavey longtime user and fan. Be aware that Peavey's are an amp you either love or hate.
sounds good..well i do like peavey, my first amps and electric, and they've done me good

i still think i want a flexone
If you can get a Flextone for $200 go for it, that's a decent price.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by jcp42877
i still think i want a flexone

Flextone as in Spider?

I will also strongly suggest you go for the Vox Valvetronix instead. Best of the budget modelers/hybrids, IMHO. Much, much better than the Spider.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
The Flextones actually a decent modelling amp, none of that Fisher Price crap like the Spider. They usually retail around $600 so $200 is actually a really good deal...it'll be better than anything new in that price range.

That's provided it IS a Flextone and he's not trying to sell you a Spider under false pretences
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com