He i'm new to the guitar community at least as a member (i have been getting tabs for years) I was just wondering if any one had good suggestions for solo accoustic guitar. Don't get me wrong i love my hellrasier but it is kind of a pain to lug that stuff around for little events or just hanging out at a party or somthing. I have done some songs like "tears in heaven" eric clapton, "wonderwall" oasiss, "closing time" don't remeber who it's by. Anyways if anyone has some suggestions just post the song name and artist here. I' am also sing along, so songs that have really high vocals unless its falseto are not gonna go so well. post them any way.
Closing Time is by Semisonic I believe.
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Isn't there a forum for this?
hendrix was overrated and grohl is better in food fighters than in nirvana
Get a better response in the right forum but...

Paranoid Android. Could try Little Wing.
Try John Frusciante's work. Maybe Jack Johnson if they're too hard.
Heitor Villa-Lobos - Schottish choro, or maybe 1st Prelude
---
i got tired of my signature and i no longer has one

---
Rise against - Swing life away
Foo Fighters - Everlong

Those are pretty cool songs to play on acoustic.
Street Spirit - Radiohead
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Pennyroyal Tea - Nirvana
About A Girl - Nirvana
In fact, anything Nirvana played at Unplugged in New York... Oh and anything from Foo Fighters' Skin & Bones album
Good Riddance (Time of your life) - Green Day

I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Laid by Matt Nathanson is an awesome song.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Ed Hunter
Closing Time is by Semisonic I believe.

yes it is by semisonic
Thought of some more:
Cancer - My Chemical Romance
Tribute - Tenacious D
Quite a lot of Snow Patrol
Mary - The Subways
I Want to Hear What You Have to Say - The Subways
She Sun - The Subways
A couple of Jimmy Eat World songs

EDIT: ANYTHING BY BILLY BRAGG (he's great live, by the way)
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Sep 7, 2007,
Get into folk. It will really open your eyes to the way a guitar can be used.

That said, learn anything by Nick Drake. Probably won't get people singing along at a party, but it's totally mellow autumn evening music and it will make your right hand fall off if you're not familiar with the technique he uses.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
That said, learn anything by Nick Drake. Probably won't get people singing along at a party, but it's totally mellow autumn evening music and it will make your right hand fall off if you're not familiar with the technique he uses.

I've never heard of nick drake and i definetly not aware of his technique. is it easy enough to explain or do you know a place( website or other wise) where i could learn it.
Quote by rweisenb
I've never heard of nick drake and i definetly not aware of his technique. is it easy enough to explain or do you know a place( website or other wise) where i could learn it.

The internet. Wikipedia him, Google him. Plenty of stuff will come up. Be prepared to play with weird alternate tunings.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by rweisenb
which forum should it go in?

Yes....

Yes there are good songs on acoustic guitar.....

now leave the pit and repost this in the acoustic guitar forum...

that is all!
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
LollipopSkeletonsLollipopSkeletons
i don't think i'm going to bother right now don't have the time and i have gotten quite a good amount of suggestions already
¤´¨留話 請留話 請在我說完後
¸.•´¸.•´¨¸.•¤¨哭泣我不在這裡 我不在那裡請在嗶一聲之後留
(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´(´¸.•¤´`¤下自己的秘密請在嗶一聲之後對話筒沾自喜請在嗶一聲之後對空氣唉聲嘆氣

我不在這裡 我人在哪裡 我想到哪裡¤

請在嗶一聲之後留下有聲的話題¤

請在嗶一聲之後分擔感情的問題¤

¤¤¤

If you're planning on singing, its not really meant for acoustic, but it sounds absolutely awesome, Secret Smile by Semisonic.