I have an epiphone les paul studio that I [try to] play metal with. Stuff like Necrophagist, The Faceless, Sikth, Dillinger Escape Plan ... and lots of heavy stuff. I know it's a crappy guitar, but I want to make it sound as good as possible for now until I can afford a better guitar. So for now I'm just gonna throw some new pickups in there. I'm thinking seymour duncan's but I really have no experience with this type of pickup or truthfully any pickups but for the stock ones that it came with. I've heard good things about seymour duncan's EMG's amd Dimarzio for metal stylings. I would like something in the bridge that will give me an excellent distorted tone as well as very harsh, sharp cleans. In the neck I'd like something very warm that will produce a nice jazzy sound when clean but will also allow me to shred when I turn on the distortion. Any insights appreciated
What kind of am...oh, wait
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Ah yes I suppose that would have been useful info haha. I'm going to be playing through a peavey 6505+ linked to a mesa dual rectifier 4x12 cabinet. Built to CRUSH.
Quote by Kurt Russell
Ah yes I suppose that would have been useful info haha. I'm going to be playing through a peavey 6505+ linked to a mesa dual rectifier 4x12 cabinet. Built to CRUSH.

Ah, excellent.

steven seagull will give ya some nice Dimarzio suggestions, I'm sure.

Duncans...For the neck...The SH-2 Jazz has excellent warm cleans, but as of late I've been disappointed with how it sounds distorted. You might find it to be okay.

Bridge, you could probably use an SH-6 Distortion, which would be aggressive enough. Don't think it'll clean up well, though...