Page 1 of 5
Alright so when I first heard them they werent exactly pleasing (The healing process-but I did like silver plated advocate) I Ordered their new cd which came out a little bit ago (I figured what the hell, why not?)..at first it didnt click but then one day..they just ****ing rocked to me! I like the two vocalists..just the other day I got their first album..the old vocalist sounded incredibly strange..made me laugh at some point because of the noises he makes (marie I think the name is)..but none the less a great cd and band...they have some pretty great breakdowns...but the vocalist combination is just awesome..I havent seen a thread about these guys so I started one..fire away guys
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
true. i just bought compelled to copulate on a whim and i love it. the dual vocalists slay me

edit: and by compelled to copulate i mean consumed by your poison
Last edited by everytimeifry at Sep 8, 2007,
despised icon is real mediocre in my opinion, their vocalists especially.

they're not terrible, but they're just so boring.
Quote by i am the robots
despised icon is real mediocre in my opinion, their vocalists especially.

they're not terrible, but they're just so boring.

Yeah.. I bet they don't know about your inhale screams.

Get real.
love them. Ive seen them 2 or 3 times now. i love one of their guitarists' guitars, dunno what it is but it looks sexy. It only has a volume knob, no pick up switches or tone knobs, none of the ****, just a volume knob.

Fav Song: Immaculate
Quote by The Dead Walk
Yeah.. I bet they don't know about your inhale screams.

Get real.

i think a band you like is boring, get over it.

all shall perish on the other hand, is awesome, look we agree on something!
this band is awesome, i own "The healing process" and i really want "the ills of modern man" does anyone know where i could download it? (for free of course)
I got their demo... meh. Not horrible, but not all that interesting. They're one of the better examples of deathcore, but that's not saying much.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
It's a split with Icon Dissonance. 'Demos 2002&2004.

ID - .357 Demo 2002
DI - Syndicated Murderers Promo EP 2004
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
They are pretty awesome. The breakdown at the end of In The Arms Of Perdition is amazing.
--
...and the world sighed in relief
Quote by PaintOurSilence
They are pretty awesome. The breakdown at the end of In The Arms Of Perdition is amazing.

Thats the only song i have off of ills of modern man, and also my favorte Despised Icon song Ownage
I love em. Unfortunately, i do not have any of their cds :\ which one should i get?
The old fans would probably say Healing Process, but id get The ills of moden man ^^^
Has anyone seen the vid for ITAOP? epic/brutal - factory metal FTW
they are making the vid for Furtive Monologue atmm. should be good
A Fractured hand = best song on album IMO. Also Oval Shaped Incisions shouldn't have been on the record. doesnt fit very well..
Quote by punk_metal
The old fans would probably say Healing Process, but id get The ills of moden man ^^^
Has anyone seen the vid for ITAOP? epic/brutal - factory metal FTW
they are making the vid for Furtive Monologue atmm. should be good
A Fractured hand = best song on album IMO. Also Oval Shaped Incisions shouldn't have been on the record. doesnt fit very well..

ills of modern man for sure..thats what got me into them...I'm not so much for the healing process...but consumed by your posion is pretty great as well...
i think theyre pretty boring

too much tough guy stuff and too much slam death stuff for my liking
None of you mentioned their split with Bodies In The Gears Of The Apparatus
ATM its the only Despised Icon I have and its pretty damn good
Quote by Chris1988
None of you mentioned their split with Bodies In The Gears Of The Apparatus
ATM its the only Despised Icon I have and its pretty damn good

Ive heard a few songs off it
didnt like them too much
too chaotic
They do nothing for me.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Quote by punk_metal
Ive heard a few songs off it
didnt like them too much
too chaotic

the chaoticness of their older stuff was the only good aspect, the new stuffs way too standard and predictable
Quote by thera_x
the chaoticness of their older stuff was the only good aspect, the new stuffs way too standard and predictable

which makes me a nu-fan n00b

Don't get me wrong i like their slightly chaotic shiz
just not the Split cd
Everything else = orgasm
a chick does vocals on consumed by your poison

MARIE ?

it's a girl's name.
YEAH DUDE
Quote by atlmetal
a chick does vocals on consumed by your poison

MARIE ?

it's a girl's name.

i thought so too..it's a guy though..remember they are canadian..(french)
Quote by thera_x
i think theyre pretty boring

too much tough guy stuff and too much slam death stuff for my liking

Tough guy stuff lulz.
aww, i love these guys, they are awesome. It seems that not too many people here do, thats sad.
Quote by The Dead Walk
^Word.
I love these guys. Their live show is some good ****. Nice guys too.

Mm they always brag about how "intense" and amazing they are live
i prefer esised icon to ion dissonance, not sure why. It's really not all that tough guy. There's alot more tough guy out there that's alot less skiled than despised icon. I've seen these guys twice and they're really good. Breakdowns are incredible. Listen to Bulletproof Scales. I'm kinda upset that people don't like them as much as i thought they would here.
no doubt Despised Icon. Ion gets boring after about 10 minutes, its just constant straight in your face really deep breakdown mathy stuff. I can't handle too much of it at one time. And the vox get a BIT monotonous after a while
Page 1 of 5