Page 1 of 2
Ya, so I smoke ALOTTTA weed. And I was wonderin if you other LOTTA weed smokers out there get depressed or non-motivated or whatever from it. Cuz I used to WANT to play guitar all the time... now I dont... jus smoke weed... play games... talk bout music n listen to it... whatever
Yes, it does. If you were smart you would have looked into the side effects before you started smoking weed.
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Lesson: Everything in moderation.

Man, I hear those hooves a'rumblin'. Brace yourselves, for the morally righteous are upon us!
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I think you've proved to yourself that its not doing anythin good for you...
You might just be a naturally lazy person of course!
"It's not nice when people call you darling and that"
no. no. no.

people who regularly choose to smoke weed are generally less motavated to begin with.
dude i used to be good at school, now i dont ****ing care and i smoke listen to music and play six string all day
its all lies.

weed doesnt make you less motivated.

it just makes you realise that most things just arent worth the effort.
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
when i get high i get really creative i also move alot, it affects people diffrently.
Gear
95' Fender Strat w/ Texas Specials
Crate 212xr
Fuzz Face
Crybaby
among other things
Quote by callmethedude
dude i used to be good at school, now i dont ****ing care and i smoke listen to music and play six string all day

To be honest that's probably more you being lazy than the weed. Rather than looking for something to blame your own failings on how about doing something constructive. Same for the threadstarter, you two just sounded the mating call of the high horse anti weed brigade.
Quote by Dæmönika
Quote by italynlprkn
yo tambien
What the hell's a tambien?
Quote by Oblivion_Rps
its like basic math. 1 + -1 = 1
Who needs a guitar when you have a joint, a bag of Doritos and a playstation?
Remember when you were young
You shone like the sun...
On a scale of one to jellyfish, I rate this thread phail.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
i didn't give a **** before i started smoking weed. and now i kind of give a ****.
My Guitars:
One
Two
Quote by The Needles
All the kids in the coffee houses
try to act like they know what loud is
all they know is an electric beat
if you're rockin to this, you'll be rockin with me!
Quote by FunkasPuck
its all lies.

weed doesnt make you less motivated.

it just makes you realise that most things just arent worth the effort.

Oh Hicks, we love thee so.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
Quote by Caustic
Oh Hicks, we love thee so.

rip
Quote by noxiosimitator
I play guitar long then half the people here .. and I suck double as much

EDIT: on the guitar
EDIT EDIT: in playing with my guitar
EDIT EDIT EDIT: I give up
Quote by _Mayday_
I bid two.

I never bid on denizenz's auction.

I bid three.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I forgot what this thread was about, and so i have to edit this post in a sec.
Member of the 'Dr.Cox is my Mentor' group

Quote by Miggy01
I was kicking a balloon around, and kicked the back of my other foot.
I broke my toe as a result.
Yeah man, that's why I quit. It became such a consumption and killed my motivation to do absolutely anything but smoke more weed and do more of nothing.

At first I thought of 'cutting back', but even ever month or every few weeks, but even then whenever I smoked, the very next day would really just suck. So I cut it out completely.

I used to do all sorts of neat little projects and be productive and stuff while smacked. Now I do all sorts of neat little projects and stuff while sober.

Being stoned these days just makes me feel detached from everyone around me.
As a person who used to smoke a lot of pot and now quit smoking pot, it doesn't give you a lack of motivation. I (for one) was less motivated before I started smoking than after. It didn't make it any better but I am certain that it didn't make it any worse. It hasn't made me stupid and it certainly hasn't killed the motivation to play guitar, I play more now than I ever have.
Quote by mattyyy
As a person who used to smoke a lot of pot and now quit smoking pot, it doesn't give you a lack of motivation. I (for one) was less motivated before I started smoking than after. It didn't make it any better but I am certain that it didn't make it any worse. It hasn't made me stupid and it certainly hasn't killed the motivation to play guitar, I play more now than I ever have.

Well, it didn't give you lack of motivation, but it does do it to others. Like myself. I'm usually a go-getter, up and attem type, that is until the morning and day after I rolled a fatty with some buddies and kicked back.
People who don't smoke weed blame weed for making people not give a ****, and people who smoke weed blame weed for making them not give a ****, when its really just the person.
Depends why you're smoking the weed. There's tons of successful smokers, hell some might even be successful because they smoke. So no, it's just you. Don't blame it on the goneja.

Quote by Slut

rip

RIP, but it's all just a ride anyway.

Playing guitar is NOT a sport.

Let the RABBITS wear GLASSES
]
weed doesn't make you inherently lazy but it does make you into a big procrastinator. You know your gonna do something but it really doesn't have to be done now.
For example I've needed to piss for the last hour but I just couldn't be arsed, however I know I'll get there eventually.
I wanna grow up to be a debaser
Funkas - Eternal cred for the hicks quote
Quote by REBAN primusfan
i enjoy getting boners. they make me feel important.

Quote by chubbychunks
George Lucas didn't invent Christianity, although he was a big contributor.
Quote by callmethedude

WhAt A baDasSzORZzZ!!!!

Yea,I know I posted a thread about quit smoking and drinking as I'm underage...But still I care about school,play guitar and listen to music!!

Weed is good if moderated,don't ****in overuse it,dude!!
Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
i cant STOP playing guitar when im high.
its like my musical awareness is raised to the max when im high.
every note stands out, every note becomes important. this makes me play better, it brings out the full potential of a song.
i can also count the beats perfectly inside my head as well.

i like to finger pick when im high.
i can not only feel my fingers touching the strings, but the whole string itself...running up the neck of the guitar. it's weird, but i love it.
I once thought as you do. but then I heard a surreptitiously recorded tape and realised that when stoned i sound like a monkey molesting a mandolin.
weed brought out some great music,i doubt it has any demotivational effects
Wolv
Well i overuse weed and I do fine. I have a 3.4GPA in highschool and got a 31 on the ACT(got a 28 baked) and ive been smoking every day for two years and most days i smoke multiple times. I still am in sports and activities at school(lacrosse and AP art), i have fun and party with people, play guitar, im gettign a job and i can still get girls. Though bart munch you're totally right about the procrastinator thing. i do procrastinate like crazy. though im pretty good at bsing my way through school adn still doing pretty good so im not say that it doesnt affect others differently but it doesnt affect everyone negatively.
Quote by Ramblin'_Man
Well i overuse weed and I do fine. I have a 3.4GPA in highschool and got a 31 on the ACT(got a 28 baked) and ive been smoking every day for two years and most days i smoke multiple times. I still am in sports and activities at school(lacrosse and AP art), i have fun and party with people, play guitar, im gettign a job and i can still get girls. Though bart munch you're totally right about the procrastinator thing. i do procrastinate like crazy. though im pretty good at bsing my way through school adn still doing pretty good so im not say that it doesnt affect others differently but it doesnt affect everyone negatively.

Aahh! but if you didn't use it you might be running the planet by now. You just need to focus.
hmm ... my girlfriend sometimes smokes weed and i can't say she's less motivated :P

but....
Quote by darkstar2466
I never bid on denizenz's auction.

I bid three.

FOUR !
Never trust a woman when she says "BRB"
Page 1 of 2