um im trying to get into this and its difficult getting started, could anyone give any tip? any links to sites that give a good explanation? (im tired of getting links to books or dvds about melodic soloing > )

thanx
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
you gotta learn the scales....do this, find the lesson on here with all the scale patterns mapped out. then record on your computer a two chord progression. say A5 , G5. that is in key of A. now on your scale patterns find an A. start at that note and play the notes in the pattern till you get to the next A. you'll start hearing how it fits and it will start to make more sense. then you can expand your chord progression and the solo. basically in order for me to get better, i had to record chord progressions and jam over it. i could never just read and learn.
i figured that doing my own rhythms and jammin over them would be best, thats why i want a loop station. finding the note i start w/? interesting never thought of that, i can kinda see how that would help it to stay sounding good. thanx for the tips
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out