hey

ive started getting into "punk" music more after hearing a few live acts near me playing songs tht are punk

any recomendations......normaly im a *steps into flame proof suit* metalhead *puts on flame proof helmet* i particularly like dropkick murphys and the ramones and was wondering if anyone could give me al list of bands to listen to

thanks

me
Quote by AvengedThrice
Best thread name EVER.

Just attack 'em with some pliers dude.

about me XD

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Quote:

I wish I was gay.
if you like the ramones you're probly into (real) pop-punk.

i suggest screeching weasel, the buzzcocks, and the queers.

Quote by saad_nirvana
Black Flag and The Sex Pistols

then get into grunge,the prodigy of punk

why do people say that aobut grunge? it has more metal and classic rock influenced sound than punk, yet old "emocore" and melodic hardcore are hardly referred to as offspring of punk?
Quote by original=punk
if you like the ramones you're probly into (real) pop-punk.

i suggest screeching weasel, the buzzcocks, and the queers.

Does not apply. When I started listening to Ramones and was starting to get into punk I just listened to The Adicts for a while, then I got bored. I've always hated pop-punk.
Quote by Do It Again
Does not apply. When I started listening to Ramones and was starting to get into punk I just listened to The Adicts for a while, then I got bored. I've always hated pop-punk.

....the adicts aren't pop-punk :S and thats nice if you odnt like it, but the queers sound like almost EXACTLY liek the ramones with a more late 80's/early 90's punk edge.
I've always liked the Ramones and I've heard the Queers a couple of times and never liked it.
Quote by Do It Again
I've always liked the Ramones and I've heard the Queers a couple of times and never liked it.
How is that possible?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
If you like The Ramones...

The Hanson Brothers and The Riverdales spring to my mind.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Quote by original=punk
....the adicts aren't pop-punk :S and thats nice if you odnt like it, but the queers sound like almost EXACTLY liek the ramones with a more late 80's/early 90's punk edge.

The adicts sound pretty damn poppy if you ask me. They actually sound poppier than most pop punk bands i've heard.