I've seen an ENGL Powerball on ebay for £800 (and probably around £25 p&p) and i'm seriously looking for one of these babies

However the one on ebay is 3 years old and the warranty has run out but works fine according to the seller (with 100% feedback score)

is it worth saving around 165 quid to get this head?
i just don't want to spend 800 pounds of my hard earned cash for it all to end in tears

thanks
Well, do you think its worth it?

And has he changed the valves? If not, it might sort of turn out cheaper to get the new one with warrantee and shiny new valves.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
ah thats a point, it would cost another 60 odd pounds to re-tube it in theory i'd only be saving around £100

i've asked if i could use a escrow service which would give me a chance to inspect the item before parting with my cash but that would cost around another £30 so in the end i'm probably better getting it new
Might cost more to re-valve it, and shipping on it too, and shipping on the head.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
Yeah, I agree with getting it new. The warranty could really come in handy. I mean they're not known for breaking but you never know.

And does your name have anything to do with an Ensiferum song?
no lol its my name and surname (yes very internet-cautious i know )
why what song are you thinking of? i'm curious now lol
I thought there was a song called Saughti Wari. Or something like that.

But Im probably just making making things up...

EDIT: YEAH THATS RIGHT, TWO MAKINGS!
Last edited by littlemurph7976 at Sep 7, 2007,
i'm thinking just wait a few months and get it new from thomann for £992 (+ 10 euros shipping)

seems worth it considering its my dream amp

does anyone know how much i could sell a marshall tsl60 head in perfect condition for on ebay?
i bougt it £525 new and its about 2 years old now
i'd say it would go for at LEAST £350, probably more in the ball park of 400
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
FWIW, I agree with RHCP on the new amp. The price differential really seems not to justify the risk. I bought 2 amps on ebay with no problems at all, but I was willing to take the risk because of huge price differentials, & I bought from 2 different music stores (lots of music stores use ebay, & it's a very safe way to save on gear). You don't know if the amp was run hard with an attenuating device or whatever.
Best of luck to you. Engls are great!
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
eh i wouldnt use the warrenty anyways i would become too attached and end up just fixing that one, and if it lasted 3 years what are the chances of somethign going wrong with it, might just need some new cleaning and re wiring maybe probably not.
i think theres something great about owning a new amp that nobody else has had the pleasure to use

i think for the sake of saving a maximum of 165 quid, i might as well get the engl warranty, thomann 3 year warranty, reliable packaging and shipping and a brand new amp with brand new tubes

thanks for the advice about ebaying my TSL60 i'll get my engl then think about selling it i reckon
Are you dead set on a PB?

The Fireball, Screamer and Blackmore are cheaper and are also teh Aw3s0m4z.
Ibanez RG2570
Engl Screamer 50 Combo
Keeley Flexi TS-9
EH Metal Muff
Quote by ^Aquila^
Are you dead set on a PB?

The Fireball, Screamer and Blackmore are cheaper and are also teh Aw3s0m4z.

well i like the more modern feel that the powerball seems to have
plus according to house of engl this amp takes features from ALL those amps to make one uber-amp
If you want THE Engl uber amp then you want the SE.

You'd also need a rather large pile of cash :p
Ibanez RG2570
Engl Screamer 50 Combo
Keeley Flexi TS-9
EH Metal Muff