Hey everyone! I just bought a Gibson LP Classic, and I was wondering if it would be a good time to change the strings? I was told that most guitars don't come with good strings. :]
Yes change the strings.
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
ell basially u can feel if your strings need changing an you can hear it, if we u play it gives a dull sound and doesnt have the cutting sound it should you probably need to change hem also if you look where you pick you can see whee the strings are worn down if they are.

aswell as this use this opportunity to purchase some fretboard cleaner and get all the crap and grease from your fingers and general dust off of the finger board. to prolong th life of your stringsyou should also wipe them off after every use of you guitar , hope this has all been usefull,
Err, yeah?

Honestly how are we supposed to know? If they feel crap, change them. If they sound crap, change them. If they're coated in the sweat and dead skin of other people who have tried it, change them.
Funny words.
I think I need to change the strings on my RG... haven't changed them since I bought it. I have some DRs lying around.
U-G Profile

Gear:
Seagull S Series Acoustic
Ibanez RG2EX1
DigiTech Grunge Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
DigiTech Hardwire Series TL-2 Metal Distortion Guitar Effects Pedal
1980 Fender Vibro Champ (Weber Speaker, 6L6)
I never changed mine when i got mine. They felt alright and looked new so i kept them on. No point wasting a pack of strings.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
New Gibsons usually come with .09's, so they are pretty light. When I buy a guitar strung with .09's I go ahead and play it, though I use .08's. Builds up a little finger strenth and feels so good when they are changed.
08's??? that always feels to me like having a toy in my hands but if you like it.....