i have been playin for about 1 1/2 years and i have a 15 watt fender bulet amp but i need something bigger more substantial that can be used for gigging and at home. i am plannin on gettin the zakk wylde marshall micro stack and i my local shop is £220 ($450). i play mainly rock, hard rock , blues, metal etc and i was wonering if this would be a good purchase or what else you mite reccomend. thanks for your help
Look at Laney LC15s/30s, don't get that micro stack, waste of money.

You could also get a Roland Cube or Vox XL
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
---------->ORANGE AMPS<--------- they are soooo cool
i hate all those nasty pasty people

:stickpoke i like to poke people

the fighter pilot of the a7x army
n dont reeli want orange amps i dont like em all to much they are cool ill admit but just not me, reeli i want a marshall for the tone but fo the price whadya rekon
You won't get the Marshall tone at that price, sorry!
Look at some lower priced valve amps and modelling amps.

You can't get a decent orange at that price.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the mashall tonei want is there buti just aint sure, i have multi effects tomodel t tone so i can make it work bu i just wundered cheers mate though ur suestions are amps ivelooked into so maybe nice one dude
Quote by Jimbleton
n dont reeli want orange amps i dont like em all to much they are cool ill admit but just not me, reeli i want a marshall for the tone but fo the price whadya rekon

You won't get any tone, marshall or otherwise, from that piss-poor excuse of an amp with that bearded prostitutes name all over it

Here's a tip, tone comes from what's inside the amp, not the name on the front. Any Marshall under £389 is absolute wank, there's much better amps available for your budget...Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube are the standout choices.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
hmmm, another problem occurs, i love zakk wyldes sound so goddam it need more suggestions people
Quote by steven seagull
You won't get any tone, marshall or otherwise, from that piss-poor excuse of an amp with that bearded prostitutes name all over it

Here's a tip, tone comes from what's inside the amp, not the name on the front. Any Marshall under £389 is absolute wank, there's much better amps available for your budget...Vox Valvetronix or a Roland Cube are the standout choices.

yea i spose urrite about that so roland, vox or laney are my best choices. i have up to around £300 to spend maybe more if i save up so those are he best choices for me, cheers dudes any other sggestions are greatly appriciated
DONT GET THAT MICRO STACK, IT IS HORRIBLE, vox.........
Guitars
Fender Highway One Telecaster
Squier Affinity Strat
Alvarez Acoustic

Amp
Crate GLX65

Pedals
Digitech RP120
Boss Chromatic Pedal Tuner

Strings
Dean Markley 10's

Member of the Zeppelinism Faith
PM TheHeartbreaker to join
Why not go 2nd hand? You could find some good valve amps for that price which would give you killer tone...
yea mite do actually then i can get that marshall tone i love for the a cheap price for a good amp
Quote by Jimbleton
hmmm, another problem occurs, i love zakk wyldes sound so goddam it need more suggestions people

i'm not a big fan of zakk's tone. but he doesnt use the ZW microstack. I mean do you think Tony Iommi uses that cheap epiphone copy? no sir.

If you want marshall tone you're going to have to save more and look used, or just go for a different amp that still sounds great
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD