Page 1 of 2
"YOU WANNA KNOW ABOUT MY THUMB DO YA BOY!? INTRIUGE YOU DOES IT BOY??! MY THUMB??!?!"

its the best thing to happen to televsion since monty python
Quote by david_highland
Uh oh......you just had to go and piss off danielrobbyshor, now we're all ****ed.

Quote by Grundy0
How can an orgy be 'Nazi-style'? What did he stop halfway through and incinerate a jew?
Mighty boosh is just one of those shows i cant stand.

I really cannot see or find

The whiteness of the tundra or whatever the people say funny.

It would be better if there was some depth into the jokes and not just random stupid phrases.

In conclusion i dont like that kind of comedy.
I hate the mighty boosh. It's just really not funny. Bring back the old greats like Porridge and Fawlty Towers and I'll be a happy man (even though I've seen them all and probably have them all on DVD anyway)
Double Neck Project - Winner of 2006 GB&C "Best guitar build from scratch", "(Best) Most expensive build" and "Best Idea" awards - FINISHED!

Member #2 of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join.
Used to like it a lot but then i got kinda bored of it after seeing it so many times.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
That show never really amused me...

I could hardly find any comedy in there. It has no depth and is just plain stupid. As the person above said.
Its just comedy made up of random stupid phrases.

I like some more intelligent humor...
"So I ripped off his head, and fucked his stump"

I love those WTF moments in Boosh
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
I've never seen the show, but I did catch a clip of Old Greg on youtube. That **** was hilarious.
Logan

-Ignore the "A7X"'s in my name! I made this account before City of Evil existed!
One of my favourite shows. I do definitely see the point about it being random and lacking depth, but it really is one of the best comedies around at the moment.
Quote by Vince Noir
I love the show, except the Old Gregg episode. Never really got why everyone loves that episode. Nanageddon was way funnier.

Check out Tony Harrison
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIJ3uD6cSww

Yeah Nanageddon is my favourite.

Either that or the Milky Joe one.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
The biggest WTF moment, I find, is where a person in a giant Naan bread costume walks in and they say "No, not you Naan bread"

I love it because it's so weird. The people here bitching about it just have a different sense of humour.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
vince asks for help with his hiar so it wont ever fall out
naboo gets a frog and squeezes
'ahh iv seen this before your extracting the resin from its back'
'nah i just dont like like this frog...givin it a squeeze.
lmao i just cudnt stop laffing after that one
How about instead we discuss the retards who love it too much?

My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by NemesisX
How about instead we discuss the retards who love it too much?

Are you sure she was impersonating the moon? Because it could have been any number of other things that ended up with her looking like that.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
No, it was. Trust me - they're obsessed with the Mighty Boosh. They're what killed it for us at school. They are obsessed.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
Quote by Calum_Barrow
I hate the mighty boosh. It's just really not funny. Bring back the old greats like Porridge and Fawlty Towers and I'll be a happy man (even though I've seen them all and probably have them all on DVD anyway)

You have to understand that comedy has changed. BBC3 comedy is aimed at teens and young adults.
Flap it and enjoy yourself...

Xbox Live GT = The Donkey Fly
'...and those who fought on that day of honor, the day of victory shall be forever remembered as Lime Green' - Oct 31st 08
Quote by NemesisX
No, it was. Trust me - they're obsessed with the Mighty Boosh. They're what killed it for us at school. They are obsessed.

Tell them the entire internet says **** you

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Last edited by break-me-in at Sep 7, 2007,
oh wow finaly some other people who hate this show.
it trys to hard to be funny by just making 'random' jokes instead of having some meaning or story behind them
paramount comedy is where you should be at.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT
Quote by admbwr
it trys to hard to be funny by just making 'random' jokes instead of having some meaning or story behind them

There are many types of comedy. The Mighty Boosh is surreal, in the same way as Monty Python and League of Gentlemen. There's also naturalistic ones like Fawlty Towers and Peep Show. Then there's other things which sort of fit both (Scrubs, The Simpsons) It all depends on your sense of humour. I like both.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
i always hear that its really great n everything. sooo every once in while i try to get into it, tyhinking that it might grow on me, but i just cant find it funny.
Quote by admbwr

+1 bout Paramount Comedy..

Thats where all the good stuff lies!!
It's **** and all the scene girls like it just because of Noel Fielding, who is normally quite funny but Might Boosh is terrible.

It's like typical pretentious film student "surrealist" comedy where they would stick a box on someones head and make them say "Teapot teapot? Teapot!" and all piss themselves laughing.
I thought I was the only one who couldn't stand it, everyone at the school I just left loved it. They even redid Old Greg in the Leaver's Assembly. Usually I'm a fan of surreal comedy, I love Monty Python and League of Gentle, for example, but I really can't stand this. Though I'd fuck Howard.

Actually that reminds of the very few parts that have ever managed to raise a bemused smile from me. The one in The Hitchhiker's Thumb (or whatever it's called) when Howard puts on the tape and keeps saying 'Okay, okay... after this there's an awesome bass solo...' *repeating line* 'Soon...no, not now...' *turns tape over* 'Soon...' *bass lines comes in repeating itself* 'Ah! There it is!'
The other is the Nightmare of Milky Joe, when Howard says 'Oh come on, the man's an arse!' when talking about the coconut.

I don't know why I don't like it more, usually it's the kind of thing I like.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
This scenester, obsessed with boosh obviously, was going on about how normal comedy was always useless and only surreal stuff is good, the more surreal the better, so I sent her an episode of Jam and she said it was **** (and Jam is pretty much the most surreal comedy out there, probably one of the most surreal TV programs of all time). I then sent her a bit of Flying Circus and she said "That's not surreal thats just old man comedy."
...Old man comedy?

Kindly go punch her in the face for me.

-Matthew Arnold

"Im old Greg, you love me? I've got baileys thick and creamy"
Yeah

I can forgive her for not liking Jam, because that is surreal to the point of not being directly funny, but calling herself a surreal comedy fan and NOT liking python? Nonsense.

Edit:

A example of Jam
and another
Last edited by DanRev at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by DanRev
Yeah

I can forgive her for not liking Jam, because that is surreal to the point of not being directly funny, but calling herself a surreal comedy fan and NOT liking python? Nonsense.

Edit:

A example of Jam
and another

Ah hah hah hah, how on Earth did they manage to keep a straight face?

-Matthew Arnold

Quote by Dinkydaisy
Ah hah hah hah, how on Earth did they manage to keep a straight face?

Just fine acting I suppose.
Chris Morris always makes me laugh.

-Matthew Arnold

"Whatcha Doin' In Mah Waters?"
Member of Cryptozoology Group!

Quote by Ichimaru
It's simple to sound like them, tune your guitars down a couple of steps but don't worry if it's actually IN tune or not, then just plug in and throw your guitar out the window.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
Chris Morris always makes me laugh.

And he's apparently making a new Brasseye on Terrorism. Hooray! Lets hope its better than Nathan Barley.
Quote by DanRev
Yeah

Every fan of surreal comedy enjoys some good old Python.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
Quote by DanRev
And he's apparently making a new Brasseye on Terrorism. Hooray! Lets hope its better than Nathan Barley.

XD Can't wait. I have all the Brass Eye episodes along with the special on Virgin Central On Demand TV.

The problem with surreal comedy is you get a lot of people who watch it and are just so pretentious. 'Oh, yes, I can appreciate this. You can't, but trust me, it's hilarious. Ah hah hah hah. It's so surreal.'

-Matthew Arnold

Page 1 of 2