From the first night you arrive, you are bombarded with tons of different activities ranging from going to music shows, waterparks, pep rallies, camps, and the future promise of actually doing work. After the days activities die down, we all head to our dorms, fumbling with key cards and meeting our room and floor mates for the first time. During the night, there are parties ranging in size from just a couple people in your room, to the whole floor chilling , to hundreds of people from different faculties drinking from beer funneling systems so intricate they could the subject of a Engineer student's thesis paper.

Whilst all this is going on, you are scoping out the best practice spots, be it in your dorm, in the park, or in the practice rooms of the music building. As a music student you are going to have more work than most students outside of the classroom. Not only do you have normal studies, but also physical practice, which will add hours everyday.

Eventually classes start, and you are finally able to locate another music student. Within moments of any meet and greet the nerdiness comes out, fast and hard. Jokes about getting augmented (especially when a pretty girl walks by), musings about fingering hard wooden devices, anecdotes of times when you had to explain what the hell your long nails are for, and more G-string breakage stories than a lingerie shop located in central-Harlem.

My schedule goes something like this:

Mon - 10-12 guitar ensemble (you are assigned to a duo, trio, or octet)
- 4 - 5:30 Theory and Analysis

Tues - 8:30 - 10 Singing class (including sight singing.)
- 11:30 - 1 Music History (Renaissance. Each era has it's own course)

Wed 8:30 - 10 Singing
2:30 - 4 Theory and Analysis

Thurs - one on one lesson with my prof at noon
- 4:00 - 7:00 Guitar : History, personalities, and players course

Fri - 10:11:30 Singing
1 - 2:30 Music History
2:30 - 3:30 Theory and analysis

So as you can see, it's music music music. The classes are amazing, the teachers are too.

With the amount of school related threads, I can hopefully answer questions about university life and even more specifically questions about life as a Performance Major on the classical guitar. If you have any inquiries, feel free to knock my nuts off and ask here.
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
I found an amazing practice space in my hall, it's a lounge that's set off by two doors from the dorms, it's a round room with half of the ceiling lowered. There's a ping pong table and a bunch of chairs and stuff, so my partner and I go in there around 3am to record and practice our songs.

I'll also try to help answer questions, since I've been doing so much with music here in the last two weeks (even though I'm an Education major!). I'm from the US, so maybe I can shed some different light on things as well.
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
that actually sounds really fun i'm looking into music college too, where do you go?
O.S.I.

Part of the 7-string Legion

Check out my profile
and my 7-string Ernie Ball MM JP-7 build

I'm at SUNY Oneonta in upstate NY. It's a state school, and pretty much everyone here is a music industry major, or education major. I'm hoping ot become a music teacher, so I felt like this was the best place (and it is!).
Telecaster - SG - Jaguar
Princeton Reverb, Extra Reverb
P-Bass - Mustang Bass
Apogee Duet 2 - Ableton Suite
ahh, I record in my own room. I have cool edit, three guitars and a keyboard here, so I'm pretty set.

I go to Ottawa U , Canada's favourite university!
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
geez, i couldn't stand that many people telling me how to play my instrument... i wanted to take a couple music classes at Mount Royal in Calgary, just to water down all my physics and math with something i can enjoy... but theory, exploration and history are all full to my dismay...
maybe i should sit outside the conservatory and plug in and jam out, and once they see how good i am they'll have no choice but to take me on as top prospect!!