I have my heart set on either a tele or a strat as my new guitar and was looking at low-mid priced fenders and Squiers. Since the Squire Affinity series sucks ass (i know, i've played one), i was looking at higher priced Squiers and came appon the Squier Vintage Modified Stat and tele (but b/c the tele has a bucker, it's out of the question). I also looked at the Fender standard series and, well it's a low-end Fender.

I wanna know is it worth the extra $100 for the Fender, or am I just paying for the name.

Last, I might be able to save up for a Highway One series, but is this series really worth the money?
As far as I know the Squiers are made of multiple pieces of wood (species unknown.) The MIM Fenders are made of Alder (I think a solid piece.) I would go with the MIM Fender. You may want to check this and verify as I am not 100% sure I am correct.
The fender should be better quality than the squire. The VM series are excellent low end instruments, but it's still a low end instrument. The fender standard series is better enough to justify the $100 difference (although I know some people who prefer the VM squires). The highway 1 series is good, but it's biggest draw, or at least how I see it, is it's "american made" which really doesn't make too much difference if it doesn't have better parts. That being said, it is an upgrade, but at the price of a highway, you can get the ecellent american series for a couple hundred more.

My advice, get the standard fender and use whatever savings that you could have used for something else, or go the whole nine yards and save for the american.
Quote by uldhppi
As far as I know the Squiers are made of multiple pieces of wood (species unknown.) The MIM Fenders are made of Alder (I think a solid piece.) I would go with the MIM Fender. You may want to check this and verify as I am not 100% sure I am correct.

Musicians freind says the squier is made of "Indian Red Cedar" (lol wut) and the Fender is made of a "Select alder body"

i think i'm gunna go ahead and get the fender standard, but now my question is, what would suit my style more, the tele or the strat? i know the guitarist for Rage Against the Macine and Jimmy Page used a tele but Jake E Lee and Adrian Smith used a strat

any ideas
Last edited by Dance_of_Death at Sep 7, 2007,
Quote by AluminumOxide
Tom Morello (Rage) used his Ibanez more than anything.

LUL WUT?

He uses a stock Strat limited edition more than anything. Soul Power.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*