Hello ppl!
I was just wondering if anyone knows any middle-east sounding song (large use of minor harmonic) and if anyone has any advice to give me for make these songs (chords progression etc...).
Thanks in advance .
umm phrygian dominant perhaps might give you that sound your looking for
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I think theres a scale called the "Rag Yog" scale saw it in a book once..
system of a down uses a mode of the harmonic mode alot, idk the name of the mode because i'm greek and play bouzouki and in greek its simply called the Hijaz scale...it goes h w1/2 h w h w w

h being half step, w being whole step, w1/2 being whole and a half step

off the top of my head ik they use this scale in Suite-Pee from their self-titled. im pretty sure they use it in a lot of other songs but i havent played any of their stuff in a while and Suite-Pee is pretty much the most straight forward example i can think of using that scale
download dream theaters "lie" then wait for the crazy minor harmonic solo. allow for the greatness to sink in. then attempt to accomplish musical mastery.

yessss i am your god
Quote by HIM%(^
download dream theaters "lie" then wait for the crazy minor harmonic solo. allow for the greatness to sink in. then attempt to accomplish musical mastery.

yessss i am your god

The solo doesn't give me any feeling at all :|

Btw, thx all for the suggestions, more are welcome...
Harmonic minor is not middle east ?!

You want authentic eastern music or just something to impress with?
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by nightwind
Harmonic minor is not middle east ?!

You want authentic eastern music or just something to impress with?

Just something to impress with :p
Any scale that has either has a couple (1 or 2) half+whole steps and just as much or more half steps in it than whole steps.

For a chord progression, the best scale (and the easiest to use) is the harmonic minor and maybe the harmonic major. There are many many other middle eastern sounding scales, but they get really complicated if you try to use them with a chord progression (we're talking about diminished major chords and other weird base chords)
        |\
[U]        | |                     [/U]
[U]        |/     .-.              [/U]
[U]       /|_     `-’       |      [/U]
[U]      //| \      |       |      [/U]
[U]     | \|_ |     |     .-|      [/U]
      *-|-*    (_)     `-’
        |
        L.
He should learn in deep a Harmonic Minor, it's modes and typical chord progressions.
Quote by Johnljones7443
my neew year reslosutions are not too drikn as much lol.

happy new yeeae guyas.